+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 572 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2
    I dont think panties would work because she would just take them off and run naked though my house.... which wouldnt bother me except i dont have any desire to come into the kitchen and slip in a puddle of pee....
    This is actually how I potty trained my older son. I just let him run naked. He had one bigger accident, but one was a small price to pay for a potty trained child . When he had no undies or diaper to pee in, he went to potty (but as long as he had anything on he didn't feel the need to go to potty). You could also try the cloth training pants, at least Comfy Bummy makes some, and I have some Gerber ones (I got at a consignment sale, and ended up never using them).
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

imajunkie2- this will probably not make your day .. but here goes..
    You can't toilet train a kiddo that doesnt want to be toilet trained. This is the only and only aspect of their little lives that they have utter and complete control over.
    As for the running naked thing I'm with you on the puddle of pee thing.. but if thats what will help her learn I'd probably be open to it (if I didn't have to answer to Health Canada or worry about 4 other pairs of feet dragging it all the way through my house ) Good Luck!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

imajunkie2 - a close friend of mine pushed hard from her daughter's 2nd birthday. Her daughter just turned 4 and they are still unable to get her to poop in the toilet. The kid knows when she has to go and can control the whole process, but she makes her mom get out a diaper so she can avoid the toilet.

If they want to do it that young, great, but I consider this girl to be the worst result of pushing potty training too hard and too young.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Thanks All !! I know she will do it when she's ready but Im just soo excited to get that last one out of diapers And its just so frustrating when she poops in her diaper and then comes to me, "mommy change..... poop pants" Shes lucky she's so darn cute...... lol.....

I will be sure to celebrate with you all when the magical day does arrive

imajunkie - have her clean up that poopy diaper. Let her tip it into the toilet (with help) and then dispose of it - she probably won't like how 'ick' it is - she will eventually equate poop with toilet .. unless she goes the other way and thinks thats just the way things are done

One of my friends was telling me that while toilet training her little girl she had an accident in the corner of the living room (hardwood floors thank goodness) so mom picked up the poop with a paper towel and flushed it all down the toilet. The next day the little one had to poop again - so she squatted on the floor - pooped- then got a paper towel and flushed the whole mess down the toilet. She said "see mommy, just like you" LMAO what can you say to that???
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

We tried potty training with my son when he was almost three, he knew what I wanted, but would refuse to go potty in the toilet, or potty chair. One day my mom was watching him so I had put him in pull ups instead of cloth training pants and he flat out refused to go anywhere even though he was in frantic pain by the time I got home. I put him in a diaper calmed him down and put him down for a nap. That diaper was drenched. I told him to tell me when he was ready, and just kept him in diapers. About 6 months later he went from diapers to big boy pants in the course of a few days, no cloth training pants, or pull ups, except at night. BMs too.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Veejer, your poor little guy! I'm glad you handled it so well.

Mine is terrified of "magic" potties after a toilet in an airport flushed before she was through. The flip side is she's really great about going to the bathroom before we go somewhere instead of whining about it like she used to.

Isn't it amazing as an adult to see how traumatic the change from diaper to potty is? How did humans ever survive on the savannah somewhere?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    i tried pressuring my son when he was 2 1/2 (he's almost 4 now) and i had to sit back and think "what kind of damage and i doing to him?" i didn't want to give him a complex or anything. so i just sat back and waited. around last christmas he started going in the potty all on his own. (you haven't lived till you walk in on your kid standing up peeing in the toilet like his dad) we had a little party that night and let him choose what we ate. so i guess the advice would be to let them do it. when they are ready, they will be ready.
    but, i have a question... what do you do when your child tells you they hate you?! he got mad at me one day and out came "mommy i hate you!" i thought i was gonna burst into tears!! we don't say hate or any other strong language around him. he doesn't go to daycare, hope he didn't pick it up at church.... i told him it hurts others when he says it but he still does it. *sigh* i sometimes wish there wasn't TV so he wouldn't pick up stuff (he learned to shoot an imaginary gun from toy story) so okay fellow parents and aunt, uncles ect. what should i do? sorry for the ramble. just makes me upset.
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Don't feel bad, elphaba, my 5-year-old is a drama queen extraordinaire and frequently sobs out lines like, "I hate you!", "I'll NEVER forgive you for this!", "I don't LIKE this family anymore!", and my personal favourite, "I'll NEVER be happy again!!!"

Usually she unleashes stuff like this when her cruel parents make her do stuff like pick up her room or brush her teeth.

Just ignore it, he doesn't really know what he's saying anyway. Or tell him what you told us...that it's not nice to say things like that and it hurts your feelings.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    but, i have a question... what do you do when your child tells you they hate you?! he got mad at me one day and out came "mommy i hate you!" i thought i was gonna burst into tears!!
    Ah, the good ole days. My youngest is 7 and my oldest is 15. I remember the first time both of them said those three little words that hurt so much. With my 15 year old I gave her a time out but it didn't seem to work so then I tried ignoring her. It just eventually went away. With the 7 year old I hit the nail on the head the first time around and I have nothing more than PMS to thank for it. She uttered those words and I burst into tears. She was absolutely adorable about it. I'm so sorry mommy I didn't mean to hurt you feewings. Please don't cry mommy I won't ever say that again. It worked. I couldn't believe it. So I guess my advice to you is go with your initial instinct and let those tears flow.

+ Reply to Thread