+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 572 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

What's funny is my son's an only child (and staying that way) and never had anyone to blame anything on. We recently got a puppy and now he blames all his incidents on the dog. Too funny... but not really.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Quote Originally Posted by VeeJay
    What's funny is my son's an only child (and staying that way) and never had anyone to blame anything on. We recently got a puppy and now he blames all his incidents on the dog. Too funny... but not really.
    My daughter is an only child, too. She either blames it on the little boy across the street or her invisible best friend. She has also blamed it on the cat.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Thanks so much for the warm welcome all

Eva: Basically I dont know what happened there.... I had started to post my theory but then figured it wasnt my place as Im so new here and such. So I 'thought' I had deleted it

Anyhow....... my point was essentially this...... Life would be so much easier if we could just pick our perfect families and control how the act/react, but since this is impossible we have to put up with the hurtful things they say and stupid things they do.
    And I know how much tougher it is because it's coming from your mom. But all i can suggest is to do what is right for YOU & your family.

We as parents are forever trying to help our kids make the best choices, and its frustrating when a grown woman can't seem to make them.

Please know you are not alone in having to deal with the stupidity of those you love.

I know from experience this won't just pass over, so don't try to make it go away...... If that makes sense.....

All the best to you & your family.

And Baby makes....3

Hey all you parents out there. I am curious....does anyone out there have 3 children? My husband and I are discussing having another baby. We both have always wanted 3 but we are also in a really great position right now with our 2 (a son, almost 5 and daughter, almost 2. We are in our mid/late 30's and are thinking of trying to get pregnant again this Fall. I am all for it but sometimes wonder if I will be able to handle another one. My son is super sweet and mellow. My daughter is really loud and a complete busybody.

I would really love some perspective from those with the experience. Thanks!

I only have 2 girls myself, applesauce, but I know people with 3 (and one family with 5...yeesh) and three kids is a LOT more than two, I'm told

Sometimes I think it would be nice to have another, but then I think of the nine months of pregnancy, the labour, the nursing, and trying to watch 2 other kids while caring for baby...and I run to the drugstore to pick up the next month's supply of bcp's.

But if you have the temperment and patience (and financial resources) to handle another, go for it!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I had three but don't know that my experience would be much help. My older ones were 8 and 11 when the last one came along. I had help from the older ones. I never MADE them help but sometimes it just helped to have the baby entertained while I finished dinner, or something. Having three little ones must really be a handful. Many people have more stamina than I did.

I only have 2 and had my tubes tied after the 2nd. there is no way I want another one. Maybe when they're older I'll think having a baby would be nice but then I'll think real hard of the sleepless nights, of my son's little/big attitude and then I'll forget the though rather quickly~lol

Goodluck if you want 3, you'll have your hands full. My sister-in-law has 3 and it's fun now that they're older.

I have 1, and that's plenty (people actually told me 2 is easier, but she keeps herself entertained when I've got stuff to do). 3 seems like a lot - especially when they all begin different after-school activities and such and you become Mom the Taxi. My parents had 5, though, and we all came out fine

Seriously, if you have that much love in your heart, I say do it now while your other kids are a good age.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Each of my three has only one child. That's all they ever wanted. I say whatever you decide will work out well if you and your husband really try.

Your story could be mine ADK. I was raised with 4 other brother and sisters and I have only one kid (mine's a boy though and you have a girl don't you?). Any who just thought I'd note the similarity. Odd.

Applesauce, if you've thought out everything, just do what your hearts tell you. Usually that's the right answer. If and when you have another you'll wonder what life was ever like without them.
    Last edited by VeeJay; 07-13-2004 at 12:38 PM.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

+ Reply to Thread