+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 572 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

FORT Newbie
    I can't tell you because you won't believe me!
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeJay
    My parents divorced when I was about twelve and we had to go back and forth. It never dawned on me what it must have been like for them until I just read your post. I couldn't imagine what that must be like. My heart goes out to you.

THANK YOU...my youngest has the hardest road...he goes from 75% of the time to being the youngest, to 25% of the time to being the "middle child" as there is another kiddliewink involved, no biological relation to my two. Divorce SUCKS....and if anyone wants a very biased opinion, so does sharing your kids with anyone else.

I was married for 11 years, and didn't have kids until 5 years into my marriage. I have read about moms struggling about having another child....I'm 35, with NO prospects, and have been suffering from a major case of "baby lust"....probably more accurately described as 'baby girl lust' for about a year. I have two boys, myself.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    *ahem* Have y'all thought about that Cabana Boy loaner yet?
    what can you ante up in trade, Jewels?
    I support the right to arm bears.

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    I certainly wouldn't let other people's opinions influence my decisions on anything, let alone an issue like this. I have a very strong self-worth, so I'm generally not worried about what people think of me. And I don't buy into their opinions, especially about not being a mother if you have just one. My point was that it just really saddens me. Sigh.
    Chomp I know exactly where you're coming from. For me it's all about me and my family, I want my son to have a sibling and I just don't feel like my family is complete. Have you thought about adoption? Hubby and I would love to adopt but there's so much you have to go through and it's expensive and we just don't have that kind of money. I truly feel the man upstairs has a plan and I just have to wait and see what that is.

One thing that bothers me...I love being a mother more than anything in the world. I really came into myself as a mom, and just cherish it. I feel like if I only have one child that people will think that I really don't like children that much, or don't like being a parent, or perhaps didn't even want any children, and that's why I'm not going to have more. I hardly ever care what people think about me, but this one hits me where it hurts. Someone once said to me that you're not really a mother until you have at least 2 children.
    Oh my don't think like that. You are a mom the second you have a baby. Being a mom to one is just as a mom as being a mom to 2,3,4 or 5. There are benifits and drawbacks to having one as there are to having more. We have 2, never questioned it, I have good relationships with my sisters, my husband does with his sister, we wanted that for our kids. We wanted 3 but it just didn't work out. (plus with 2 they can bother each other and not focus all that energy on you) But, it doesn't make me a better mom or a someone who wanted to be a mom more. It's just what we decided to do.

I've had people make the comment to me about not being a mom until you had two...that's just silly. A mom, is a mom.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I noticed both the cabana boy and the not regular cabana boy disappeared when we started talking about how sexy it is for guys to be cleaning the house.

I guess this means I'm going to have to fresh squeeze my own pineapple juice.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenough
    THANK YOU...my youngest has the hardest road...he goes from 75% of the time to being the youngest, to 25% of the time to being the "middle child" as there is another kiddliewink involved, no biological relation to my two. Divorce SUCKS....and if anyone wants a very biased opinion, so does sharing your kids with anyone else.

I was married for 11 years, and didn't have kids until 5 years into my marriage. I have read about moms struggling about having another child....I'm 35, with NO prospects, and have been suffering from a major case of "baby lust"....probably more accurately described as 'baby girl lust' for about a year. I have two boys, myself.

I'm in this boat with ya....my son is from my first marriage and he goes from being the oldest the majority of the week to being the middle child every other weekend.

And Chomp-as far as being in a family of 9? It is crazy but wonderful at the same time to see our family expansions over the years. I was the youngest and only have really gotten to know my older brothers in recent years. My mother raised us as we lost our Dad at a very early stage so if I've learned anything, it is independence and strength. My mom is an icon to me and I can only hope my kids look at me the same way someday.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Wow, ineed, I can't imagine your mother raising 9 children on her own. That's just incredible to me.

Now, can somone tell me when my son's going to stop handing me his boogies on the end of his finger saying, "Here Mommy" ?
    I support the right to arm bears.

cantgetenough, the next time you're in the kids' clothing section and are gazing longingly at the little dresses, remember how much money you'll save not buying patent shoes, hair ornaments, stockings with frills on the butt, Barbie clothes...and later -makeup, tampons, prom dresses...and later - weddings....aarrrgh! I'm scaring myself!

I love my girls, but boys are cool. Everyone I know has girls, too. Tell me your boys' birthdays so I can go buy some remote-controlled cars and Spiderman pajamas
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    what can you ante up in trade, Jewels?
    Um... I can babysit. Next time you're feeling one of those "Calgon, take me away.." moments, call The Jewels. I'm the best tickler in the world!

Now, can somone tell me when my son's going to stop handing me his boogies on the end of his finger saying, "Here Mommy" ?
    About when my daughter stops coming up to me with arms open for a hug, then wipes her nose on my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    cantgetenough, the next time you're in the kids' clothing section and are gazing longingly at the little dresses, remember how much money you'll save not buying patent shoes, hair ornaments, stockings with frills on the butt, Barbie clothes...and later -makeup, tampons, prom dresses...and later - weddings....aarrrgh! I'm scaring myself
    You took the words out of my mouth! Not to mention the daily torture of the hairbrush.

Hey Jewelsy! I can tell you'd make a great babysitter. My daughter loves getting tickled.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread