+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 575 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164564 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

That's hilarious Dux. The conversations kids have among themselves really crack me up sometimes. And they're so serious.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

My daughter and I had just gotten home from work and her little friend was waiting by the driveway. My daughter jumped out of the truck and tells her "I gots a plant" Her friend corrects her "I have a plant"...my daughter just looks at her and says "that's what I said"
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

How cute Dagwood.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

My almost three year old grandkid went through a Tarzan think for about six months. Sunday he had one of his big plastic eggs and a little plastic hammer. He was tapping the egg with the hammer. I asked" ***** what are you doing?" Never looked up. "***** cookin eggs." Guess it was an Ostrich egg.

LOL Muduh - when you can talk in the third person you must have a strong sense of self

Dagwood I LOVE it when kids look at you like you are from outer space
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Dagwood I LOVE it when kids look at you like you are from outer space
    Mine does it well, too. She has mastered the eye roll. I can't wait until she is old enough to be embarassed by me...muahahahahahaha.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Oh, I am waiting for that too, and it probably is not too far from now. Speaking of kids picking up stuff from us and using it for their own purposes. My 6 year old has this new thing where he goes something like this "I am going to count to three, and if you don't... switch the channel to Cartoon Network I will turn everything off." He did this last night when I was watching HGTV, and, indeed, he turned everything off - all the lights, but not the TV
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I'm enjoying all the cute kid stories.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Mine does it well, too. She has mastered the eye roll. I can't wait until she is old enough to be embarassed by me...muahahahahahaha.
    It is fun!!! Mine are 14 and 11 and the absolutely worst thing I can do in public is sing, or jive to music. I'm not talking Saturday Night Fever here, but just a little shoulder and hip action. They move so far away from me with looks of horror on their faces. I do it as often as possible.

Their last day of spring break was Monday and we went to a local park for a walk through the woods. My husband picked up a bent stick and commented that it looked like motorcycle handlebars, or maybe antlers, and then held them up to his head. I said, "I don't need a stick for antlers", and held my hands up backwards to my head like a moose rack. My daughter initially giggled, but then said, "I am sooooooooooo glad that no one else is around." **makes note to do antler thing when people are around**

Another one from the "Things Kids Say" files:

Last week while we were all at my Father's house my daughters were running around playing. My older daughter got the hiccups and my father jokingly said to her "what's the matter, are you drunk?" since she was acting silly and hiccupping. She didn't react then, but two days later at home she got the hiccups again and from the other room I heard her say "Mommy I'm Drunk" It gets better - later that day I hiccupped after which my daughter said "haha Daddy's drunk". I can just imagine being out in a store with her, hiccuping and have her scream out 'Daddy's drunk'

I made sure I reminded my father to be very careful what he says to the girls.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Another one from the "Things Kids Say" files:

Last week while we were all at my Father's house my daughters were running around playing. My older daughter got the hiccups and my father jokingly said to her "what's the matter, are you drunk?" since she was acting silly and hiccupping. She didn't react then, but two days later at home she got the hiccups again and from the other room I heard her say "Mommy I'm Drunk" It gets better - later that day I hiccupped after which my daughter said "haha Daddy's drunk". I can just imagine being out in a store with her, hiccuping and have her scream out 'Daddy's drunk'

I made sure I reminded my father to be very careful what he says to the girls.
    That's cute

In the children said department, my 9 month old said "mama" on Monday for the 1st time and hasn't stopped since.

+ Reply to Thread