+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 572 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162562 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Just celebrating again that Phoenix doesn't observe Daylight Savings Time. I can just imagine my kids' reaction....
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Alone for a half hour? I only wish. Well, at least I have an 1 hr 15 min drive each way to work -thats my alone time Sometimes driving can be more relaxing than acting as a piece of playground equipment for a 32 month old and a one year old.
    My mom used to have an hour drive each way to work when I was growing up. She would say she looked forward to the peace and quiet. I didn't quite understand what she meant til I had a baby. I know I certainly enjoy my 15 minute commute each day. If a good song comes on the radio I can sing without the commentary on my voice...it's like I am raising a little Simon cowell.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Just wanted to share something very cute my son (who's 5) said.

Earlier in the day we were sitting on the couch together cuddling and watching television when he had his head lying on my chest. He asked me why my heart beats and I told him that it beats because I love him.

A few hours passed and he did something that got him into a little trouble and got me riled up a bit. He then asked me if I was mad and I told him I was a little aggravated at what he did. Then he asked me, "But, is your heart still beating?" I could have melted right on the spot.

It's very hard to stay angry when they say things like that isn't it?
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Alone for a half hour? I only wish. Well, at least I have an 1 hr 15 min drive each way to work -thats my alone time Sometimes driving can be more relaxing than acting as a piece of playground equipment for a 32 month old and a one year old.
    I think we've talked about this before, FH, but I used to have a commute that was the same length. That was before I had my daughter and I wish I still had it. It was always a great way to decompress on the way home.

Veejay-That is adorable.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Awww, VeeJay, I'm melting over here.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl
    Imagine someone falling and someone laughing at you!! (see I laugh out loud thread) That is really funny Duxxy! I just hope I don't fall down when you are around, or that you fall down when I am around.
    OMG JG isn't that horrible?? I hate that I do that but I just can't help it LOL .. it's not like I'm pointing and laughing with the ha ha ala Nelson from Simpons. I just kinda giggle.. it's so damned embarassing!!

awwwww VJ that is just so cute! It's like baby ambush LOL
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Daggone it! My daughter just took her juice box and decided to douse herself with it! I just had to wash her down and change her clothes! What in the world puts ideas like that into their heads?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I think they have a contest with their friends to see who can irritate the crap out of their parents the quickest.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Oh my gosh Star. I hope she wasn't standing on any carpet.
    If she was - Oxy Clean works excellent on my carpet.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Here is the pinata of my now 6 year olds birthday party (and my 3 year old is there with it). This one was a tough one to break, but they got it... after first amputating both legs. And I learned not to put those foil wrapped chocolate coins in pinata, when they fell down, about 80% of them broke all over the floor (I can laugh because we were at YMCA, and I did not need to clean it ) And to be fair, there is also a picture of the birthday boy blowing the candles. (Mean mother as I am I got him those ones that light back up again and again...)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread