+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 572 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161561 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Is daylight savings time wrecking havoc on anyone else's kid's sleep schedule? Aargh! The spring isn't as bad as the fall, but still, it's been a nightmare getting back to a schedule this week.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Yeah! Tell me about it Chomp. My son keeps getting up after I've put him in bed to get a drink, tell me he wants to sleep with socks on, go to the bathroom and any other excuse he can think of because he's just not ready to sleep yet. Grrrr.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Well, it's 10:35 PM and my two-year-old is still wide awake. It's been midnight before she's went to bed a few times since the change happened. I'm about to go berzerk.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

When my daughter was smaller I would keep her up and not let her have "quiet time" (If I said nap there would be a fit had). She slept pretty good after that.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

my darling child has been awake until after 10 every night since Sunday - I'm about to lose my mind. I Need quiet time.. I wonder if there is some way to get myself a time out and really be left alone to think about my transgression... ya know it's a minute a year ... I'd be alone for over half an hour!!
    it's so sad that I'd get excited about that
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I'd be alone for over half an hour!!
    it's so sad that I'd get excited about that
    Alone for a half hour? I only wish. Well, at least I have an 1 hr 15 min drive each way to work -thats my alone time Sometimes driving can be more relaxing than acting as a piece of playground equipment for a 32 month old and a one year old.

Oh yeah, the time change screwed up my kids a little too. The little one is back on schedule, the older one is getting there - sort of - not that she was on a very good schedule to begin with.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Lucky for me I have to say that the time change has not yet affected either of my children. My eldest is 2 and I've never had a problem with the time change yet. Hopefully it continues like that.

I also want to say I'm so proud of her, she did a 25 piece puzzle all by herself yesterday

My problem is the exact opposite...we don't do the time change thing here, and my kids are up at sunrise - and of course, I'm working evenings now
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

and btw, a hug and congrats to your little one Eva - it's so great when they start figuring things out for themselves, isn't it?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Their feelings (positive or negative) are real and legitimate acknowledge them with respect. (imagine falling and someone telling you ‘oh it doesn’t hurt’ )
    Imagine someone falling and someone laughing at you!! (see I laugh out loud thread) That is really funny Duxxy! I just hope I don't fall down when you are around, or that you fall down when I am around.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread