+ Reply to Thread
Page 572 of 572 FirstFirst ... 72472522562563564565566567568569570571572
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 5720

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Re: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Thanks Bunny I did post it to my facebook.. I made an event thingie and everything but I don't have a very huge network.

And heartbreakingly a lot of the people have selected "No" they will not "attend" and click the link. I can see No to spam, or going to a party... But they are basically saying No to my child's face. These people who I go above and beyond for won't even click a link for us. That was a tough pill to swallow.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I voted - I hope he wins - he is a doll.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Thanks Schmoo2! He really is. Both of my boys are really, but this is Auryn's thing Ash is more into *performing* This summer he turns 5 and goes to Theater Camp! I can't believe it! I'm gonna be a mess. Good thing it's only 1 mile and a half from my house

I voted again for this round - I usually do not like kids, but this one is a cutie! Gonna be a heartbreaker someday.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Thank you Gabriel. I don't usually like kids either

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3950268;
    Hey everyone!
    I posted this in the good news section a few days ago, but I thought it was really more of a Parents thread item.

My youngest is currently in 20th place of a semi finals round for a photo contest online.
    If he makes it to #1 by Sunday at midnight he gets put into the finals! ( there will be 11 finalists)
    From 11 , 1 will be chosen to fly to NYC for a weekend and be in Parents Magazine.

My family is all a buzz with excitement!

Perhaps if everyone has a moment you can send us a vote.
    Just go here: Parents Photo Faves
    Click the purple vote button below his photo and type in whatever the image asks you.

There's been a lot of cheating going on in this thing, but we're still gonna give it the ol College Try

Thanks!
    I don't see how to vote. Is the button that says "enter your kid" the one we need to click? I clicked "Like" on it but I'm not sure if that is the vote.

I am guessing voting is over.

Yes PGM. Voting ended Sunday night (though, we pulled out early because we were upset over some cheating going on)
    Thank you for trying though!

I didn't realize I'd have to look back so far for this thread! With summer break in full swing, some days I certainly could use an oasis. My kids seem to delight in pushing each other's buttons, so I'm happy when they have friends over to diffuse that a bit, and make the days go more smoothly. My son and his friend staged a scene for me in the kitchen involving a toy circular saw and lots of ketchup (um, creative but messy ); meanwhile, my daughter and her friend were dressing up in some old formals of mine, and the friend said of my prom dress, "she must have been the prettiest girl there" (sweet ).
    So... how do you guys handle summers with kids out of school -- lots of camps and activities, travels, or slow and easy? We're more about slow days here, with vacations and family visits sprinkled here and there. Sibling bickering aside, I love the easiness of summer.
    remember to play

Ah, how bittersweet! My kids are mostly grown, so it's been a looooong time since I've had them during the summer. My youngest is still in college, but she does internships during the summer. This year she's only a few hours away due to some health issues her father is having, so I've gone to visit her several times. When they were in high school they all had life guarding jobs during the summer. So I'd have to go pretty far back to remember what summers were like with young kids. We mostly hung out, went camping, visited family, etc. No major trips that I remember. We couldn't afford much that way with 3 kids. I'm all about letting them have down time.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread