+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Re: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

I am soooo happy for you! I don't think you need to do anything special except now you're able to show her love. It's a blessing that her big sister is there to help ease the transition, too. I don't know if I wouldn't cover my behind and somehow tape when a child spouts off something negative that was said in the other household. Don't comment on it when the kiddies are there, but just tape and file it away. You never know.

Lil Bit I'm really happy for you all. I agree with everyone else, just show her love and spend time with her, that is something all kids understand. Be careful of how you discipline her, cause they will look for any excuse to stop leting her visit.
    I always tried not to say anything negative about my ex around my son... of course, my tongue is a bit shorter . It is really hard when the other side is trashing you. My ex's new wifes son was in a minor car accident near my home. He was coming to pick up my son to take him to his Dad's and the Hospital called here, my son and I went to the Hospital until ex and new wife could get there. Anyway, they let me in his room and I was helping him and he looked at me and said "Hey, you're really nice, not the B***H that mom says you are " . How do you respond to that?
    So yep, Karma is real and what you say does bite you in the butt.

MRD

Lil Bit that's great news. I agree with everyone, just love her unconditionally and it will show in the end.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks for the advice and good thoughts everyone. I'm getting excited about having her in our lives. We've waited so long already and it will still be weeks I'm sure before we get to see her. My son has an appt with his lawyer on Tues., then he has to fill out more papers to send to her lawyer. Then wait for their response. It's so aggravating. I was thinking that I have 2 albums of photos of Alexis and she's only 2 and a half. What do I say to Baileigh someday when she asks me why I don't have any pictures of her? I won't trash her mother (I'm not so sure if I'll extend the same courtesy to her other grandparents), but she WILL know that we never stopped fighting for her.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

You just tell her the truth "grandma and gandpa didn't get to see you much when you were a baby, but look at how many pics we have of you now"
    Nothing derrogatory, just the truth
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Just got back from my daughter's college orientation in the Adirondacks (Paul Smith's College). I wish I were her for the next four years!!!! It's a small, remote school and the emphasis was on students and staff all being family. There are tons of student services. The buildings were beautiful right down to the light fixtures, the setting is on a lake surrounded by mountains and forests. The dean of culinary is a big Hawaiian man full of mirth. She is going to have a wonderful time. This is my last of 3, so I'm glad to be so comfortable with her choice.
    Count your blessings!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3567467;
    Just got back from my daughter's college orientation in the Adirondacks (Paul Smith's College). I wish I were her for the next four years!!!! It's a small, remote school and the emphasis was on students and staff all being family. There are tons of student services. The buildings were beautiful right down to the light fixtures, the setting is on a lake surrounded by mountains and forests. The dean of culinary is a big Hawaiian man full of mirth. She is going to have a wonderful time. This is my last of 3, so I'm glad to be so comfortable with her choice.
    Just a comment - this school sounds like the college I went to. It was a small, private, liberal arts school. The classes were small - I think the most students in one class amounted to around 20, some were as small as 7. Naturally the tuition was high, but worth every penny. I hope your daughter has as positive an experience as I did. As always - I want the best for you and yours, you've had some trying times.

Thanks J.D. She had a funny "Goldilocks" experience. The first day the girls she met (orientation roommates and friend from work) were all clingy and boring - didn't want to do anything. The second day she hung out with girls she met in her orientation group, but they were loud, wore skanky clothes, and flirted with guys. The third day she walked into her room and girl was sitting on her bed visiting a roommate who was just right... in culinary like her, fun, but not over the top, etc. From the same place as her real roommate (who is going to a different orientation so they've only talked online and texted) and was able to tell my daughter more about her - all positive. I really am psyched about this school. My older daughter said something about getting stationed there since her airline flies to a nearby airport, but I hope that doesn't happen. Younger daughter needs to make this her own experience.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Gut it sounds like a great school and your daughter sounds like she will be very happy there as well.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It sounds wonderfully positive! What a relief to you, Gut, that you might not worry!

+ Reply to Thread