+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

MRD

Re: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

I've been doing mine since then too. It's easy when you don't make much or have a lot of deductions. Now, if I was say some of those people that Obama picked for his cabinet that owed back taxes, then I think I'd have had a harder time. With more income and more deductions, it gets a lot harder to do yourself, I mean, just how do you deduct that chauffer and car??
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I know! Is it more of a business transportation expense, entertainment? Is the chauffeur an employee or contractor?

Gotta say, though, since I'm an independent contractor, my part of the taxes is more complicated than that of the hubby, so I do go to a tax pro to make sure my Schedule C and SE stuff is done correctly, that the business expenses are categorized correctly, etc. (But I do all the number-crunching myself before the meeting.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Anybody got any tips on how I can get my 3yr to eat his food? He used to eat everything you gave him (loves veggies and fruit), now not so much. Every meal is a hassle to get him to eat. He starts crying and covering his mouth and this is with food that he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3428805;
    Anybody got any tips on how I can get my 3yr to eat his food? He used to eat everything you gave him (loves veggies and fruit), now not so much. Every meal is a hassle to get him to eat. He starts crying and covering his mouth and this is with food that he likes.
    Sound effects. Airplane noises or a whistle sound while the spoon "swoops around" with the food, then ending in an explosion sound when the food hit their mouth worked with all of my kids (boy or girl). It gets old after 20+ bites, but it did the trick if they were being difficult!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3428805;
    Maybe he's not hungry? Is he eating a lot of snacks during the day? If he's not eating anything then I'd take him to the doctor. He might have a cavity or something and that's why he doesn't want to eat. But if he's eating other things, try cutting down on the snacks and if he's not hungry, don't make him eat!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I haven't done that since he was a baby starting out with baby food. I'll give it a try now though.

I do give him a snack usually after his nap in the afternoon. But even waking up in the morning to have breakfast he won't eat. He'll have a few bites of whatever it is and says he done. He's been to the doctor and dentist recently and they say everything is fine. And he's extremely active, running and jumping around all the time outside and in.
    Last edited by sweet_lady; 04-29-2009 at 03:04 PM.

What about a sore throat, sometimes they can be sick and not have a fever.
    Or he might not want to be fed, Have you tried letting him feed himself, small bites of finger food, or let him sit it in a different chair or at his own small table.

He hasn't complained about his throat hurting but that could be a possiblity. He does feed himself. I only step in to help when its anything with red sauce (spaghetti or ravioli). I don't mind cleaning up the mess he makes with other foods except those.

Kids often go through phases where they don't seem to eat anything. Make sure that he isn't filling up on junk between meals and offer healthy nutritious foods at meals and snack times. Children will usually eat what they need but certainly if he begins to lose weight or if you notice any other adverse effects I'd see a doctor.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

My son's Doc told me that sometimes they can be hurting but not know what is hurting. I think I'm might let the doc check him out, just to be sure. I know it is so frustrating, you think everything is going smooth and blam, they throw you a curve ball. Mine turned 21, and I was talking to him on the phone and he said " Mom, don't worry I'm 21" I told him I would worry, until the day they buried me. That's my job.

I saw your edited post, he sounds healthy and happy. he's probally just going through a not eating phase, but he will eat if he gets hungry.
    Last edited by inthegarden; 04-29-2009 at 03:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread