+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

MRD

Re: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2828410;
    The radio station raised $6,600 in cash and there were many more donations of clothing, beds, essentials, an x-box with games the list is very long. The mom is a nurse at a long term care facility so one of the uniform shops in town gave her 3 brand new uniforms. The donations were all being dropped off at Big Brothers, the family is taking what they need and the rest will go to help others.
    There have been a few fires in town lately but they were all single family homes and everyone was insured thank goodness. It's amazing how many people don't know about content insurance. It's only about $200/yr and it is a safety net.
    I was very proud that my kiddo put it together that this little guy her own age now had nothing and she gave him a little bit of something that was her own.
    That's WONDERFUL! I'm so glad the family is getting such help. And that your daughter was a part of it. It must make you so proud.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Last night, my husband made popcorn once the kids were in bed. At one point, my 3 year old woke up, called my husband and said: Daddy, it smells of popcorn in my nose.
    I love how he put it.

Awww DesertRose aren't they the cutest at that age? I love their little phrases!
    Yup, with donuts!!

That's cute, DR. Did he want to get up and eat some? Because that's what would have happened with my bunch.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Lil, he didn't ask for any. Can you believe that I still haven't given him any? I'm so scare he'll choke. Never mind that I haven't cut up his grapes or hotdog in a long time. Still, I have this irrational fear of popcorn.

When I was a teenager with toddler siblings, we would tear the popcorn in half and give the non-kernal parts to my baby brother and sister. It was tedious, but it sure beat their envious stares. So we'd take a handful, tear, tear, tear, share, eat, tear some more. They loved it.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2833069;
    Last night, my husband made popcorn once the kids were in bed. At one point, my 3 year old woke up, called my husband and said: Daddy, it smells of popcorn in my nose.
    I love how he put it.
    That's adorable...enjoy every moment DesertRose
    CYA

Have a question for those parents with multiple kids. My first son was born with meconium aspiration and was in the hospital for 7wks. Other than that he was never sick, no colds, no ear infections, no diaper rash, no colic, nothing. About to have my second son next month, and I know all babies are different but what are my chances this one will be the same except for the meconium part?

And for those that chose formula, were your kids thin or chunky? My husband and I are debating now about why our 2 yr old is thin. He says its because he was fed formula and I say its just genes. My husband and I were both 6lbs at birth like our son, we were both thin as babies, both tall and thin as kids/teens, he's still skinny now and he's in his early 40s. I was thin up until I got pregnant with my first son.

My son is thin as a rail at 15 and he eats more than mr buglover eats who weighs 220. I think it's more genes than formula.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;2837415;
    Have a question for those parents with multiple kids. My first son was born with meconium aspiration and was in the hospital for 7wks. Other than that he was never sick, no colds, no ear infections, no diaper rash, no colic, nothing. About to have my second son next month, and I know all babies are different but what are my chances this one will be the same except for the meconium part?

And for those that chose formula, were your kids thin or chunky? My husband and I are debating now about why our 2 yr old is thin. He says its because he was fed formula and I say its just genes. My husband and I were both 6lbs at birth like our son, we were both thin as babies, both tall and thin as kids/teens, he's still skinny now and he's in his early 40s. I was thin up until I got pregnant with my first son.
    Each kid is different. There is no way that you can predict how healthy your baby will be growing up. Just do the same things you did with the first and hope for the best!

I fed all three of my kids formula and they were all chunky until they started walking, then they shed all their baby weight. So I don't think it's the formula.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread