+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Re: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Ah, the power of taking away the computer/Playstation/X-Box/whatever.

Sorry about you MIL, burnbrat. Sounds like grandma needs to come up with twice the money now!

Here's a chuckle on how excited little kids can get about stuff:

Review from our 7-year-old son upon seeing Star Wars IV (A New Home) for the first time this afternoon.

"This is the awesomest movie I ever saw. When I die, I want my son to bury it with me."

Well my son has not brought up his Nintendo DL that I took away from him almost 2 weeks ago...lol I guess he has learned don't cross your mom right now! I still have to bring up his chores daily but at least he's focusing on his school work a little more.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2821765;
    My mother-in-law outed the tooth fairy tonight.

My 7-year-old lost his first tooth. He's been waiting to lose a tooth for years. All of his friends have already lost three or four. He was late and we just kept saying it meant he had healthy teeth. So tonight I pulled his very first really loose tooth and my m-i-l said that she'd give him money to put under his pillow along with the money mom and dad put under there. THANKS A FREAKIN' LOT!! She backtracked and mentioned the tooth fairy, but geez. Let the little guy believe in fairy tales lady.
    When is she going home???? What the HELL was she thinking? I wouldn't invite her at Christmas or she may blow the Santa myth too. What a piece of work.

I was thinking that maybe you could install one of those really sensitive smoke detectors like they use in airplane restrooms for her smoking in your house. If she goes in the bathroom to smoke and THAT thing starts screeching, I would bet it would put an end to her smoking in there quickly.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2822109;
    When is she going home????
    They left this morning. The tooth fairy came and went and he's none the wiser. It's great when they're so young and they aren't paying much attention. He's only got a few years left of believing in the big guy anyway, so I'm not worried about other holidays. I think she just forgot because she's not around little kids much. It happens. I'm honestly very proud of my 11-year-old. I thought for sure that she'd ruin all his fun during one of their daily battles. But she's having fun keeping the secret and elaborates about how the tooth fairy works and the letters they would pass back and forth. Too funny.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;2822187;
    They left this morning. .
    So have you broken out the champagne and party hats yet?

My daughter used to write notes to the tooth fairy and to the leprechan on St. Patrick's day. I saved them all along with her teeth. They are so funny to read now that she's almost 17.

And the leprechan thing was too funny. We put green food coloring in the milk one time and told her that the leprechan had done it. She refused to eat her cereal that morning. We used to hide stuff from her on St. Patrick's day and leave her notes from "Paddy O'Furniture". She NEVER got that joke either.
    One time I took a dry erase marker and wrote on her bathroom mirror in green ink and signed it from Paddy. We really had her believing the leprechan thing for a while. It was a lot of fun.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My son actually swallowed one of his teeth. It reminded me of those children's books - remember with the turtle? Oh, rats, now I can't remember the stupid turtle's name. It was something like Clifton, but it wasn't Clifton. Anyway, this turtle was complaining because all of his little animal friends were losing their teeth, and turtles don't have teeth, so the turtle wrote a letter to the tooth fairy saying he lost his tooth or something (I forget now, obviously). Anyway, the turtle got a letter back from the tooth fairy saying that turtles don't have teeth. So anyway, after my son swallowed his tooth, he said he was going to write a note to the tooth fairy explaining that he swallowed his tooth and, therefore, had nothing to put under his pillow. I reminded him about the turtle (because I'm like that), and he sweated it out, but the tooth fairy came. I still have that cute little note. What on earth was that stupid turtle's name???

I do believe you're thinking of Franklin, ScoutMom. He's the only cartoon turtle (besides the Mutant Ninja ones) that I know.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Yes, Franklin! That's it. I really liked that turtle.

On another note, my son starts his HSPAs today. He doesn't normally do well on those long tests, but we'll see. I think he's nervous about it, because if he doesn't pass the HSPAs by the time he graduates, then he doesn't graduate!

My son is taking his CAPT tests this week and next. He also doesn't test well and to make matters worse, they have begun baseball pre-season conditioning every morning before school this week. Good Luck to all of them.
    CYA

what the heck are HSPAs and CAPTs?? Is it standardized testing like the Canadian Achievement Tests (CAT-3)?

Unfair and stupid standardized testing I might add.

Franklin is a fun series, the author is a Canadian woman (who just did an indepth interview in Canadian Living regarding her numerous cosmetic surgeries.. well ok numerous is a bit unfair, it was more like 3)
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread