+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Re: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2813921;
    Well my 15 year old son has lost his game console again for his attitude. This is the strongest I think I've ever been. For the first 3 days he tried so hard to treat me like crap and give me the guilt trip of the century but I just told him "The only way you will get it back is by consistently doing your chores, being nice and keeping up your homework. Not for a week so you can get your toy back and then go back to the old way. I will decide when you get it back so stop asking me for it." lol I think he may have given up on trying to get it back but at least he's being nicer to me.....
    My 15 year old is on day 2 of his XBox suspension. He had a major attitude last week when he was off for winter vacation. He got to do everything he wanted to do.....sleepovers, snowboarding in Vermont for 3 days...all I asked was that he not gripe about doing his part around the house. He came come from school yesterday with a sprained ankle and is itching to play online with his friends since he can't do much else but the punishment stays.
    CYA

Teenagers huh Bunny??!! I suppose we should be grateful they don't say they hate us everyday...heehe
    Yup, with donuts!!

Good for you two, Bunny and Bug. It is so hard to show them who is really the boss, good to see you sticking to your guns.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

So my son has now decided my old computer is his. He deleted all my programs that I had taken from work to do work at home (I don't need them really because I have a work laptop now) but the point is I paid for it, not him........seriously....I told him I may sell his game equipment and tv so I can recover the cost of my computer he has hijacked! He's not too happy about that....teenagers...I remember my mom calling my grandma and asking if she wanted to raise another teenager so I know it wasn't easy but geeze! Time for a glass of wine ladies!
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

The way to "hurt" my 14 year old son is to take away his cell phone....not being able to text his friends... The Horror of it all!

My young'un is in a nice stage right now so I'm going to enjoy it while I can!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I just love the way they try to become the best children ever when things are taken away from them. Look mom, I did the dishes, look mom, I took out the trash...pshhh....do that for a month without me asking and then I'll think you're the best!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I cannot for the life of me got my 15 year old son out of the house on time for school. He's on crutches this week with a sprained ankle so the first couple of days I gave him a little leeway but he's taking full advantage of this and we leave later and later each day. He is far more high maintenance than his 18 year old sister who is always at school at least 15 minutes early each day. I told him that today is the last day. If he's not in the car within 5 minutes of me going out to warm it up, he's on his own. Since he's on crutches and can't walk there, he'll have to call a taxi and pay for it on his own.
    CYA

Boys seem to be far lazier than girls from what I've seen. My stepdaughters visit for the summer and normally are messy because they are teenagers, but they do the dishes without being told and are the first ones to help open the door when you're carrying groceries, etc. My son just stares into space like "if I pretend I'm not here, no one will ask me to do anything". The girls get up for school at their house and at my house my son has to be reminded that he only has 10 minutes left before the bus comes at the corner before he bolts out of bed, brushes his teeth and attempts to leave the house without even combing his hair!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2816543;
    Boys seem to be far lazier than girls from what I've seen. My stepdaughters visit for the summer and normally are messy because they are teenagers, but they do the dishes without being told and are the first ones to help open the door when you're carrying groceries, etc. My son just stares into space like "if I pretend I'm not here, no one will ask me to do anything". The girls get up for school at their house and at my house my son has to be reminded that he only has 10 minutes left before the bus comes at the corner before he bolts out of bed, brushes his teeth and attempts to leave the house without even combing his hair!
    He's just practicing for when he's a man and they do that "if I mess up what she asks me to do, she won't ask me to do it again" thing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My mother-in-law outed the tooth fairy tonight.

My 7-year-old lost his first tooth. He's been waiting to lose a tooth for years. All of his friends have already lost three or four. He was late and we just kept saying it meant he had healthy teeth. So tonight I pulled his very first really loose tooth and my m-i-l said that she'd give him money to put under his pillow along with the money mom and dad put under there. THANKS A FREAKIN' LOT!! She backtracked and mentioned the tooth fairy, but geez. Let the little guy believe in fairy tales lady.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread