+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Re: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Do you have one of those habachi restaurants where they cook the food at your table (you sit around the cooking surface)? Teenagers really like those. Maybe you could invite just a few of his friends to eat there. Of course you should tip off the server it's his birthday so they can embarass him. Boys just aren't into birthday parties like girls are in general.
    Count your blessings!

Dux, my older one had a craft party at Michael's a couple of years back and it was great. The room was big enough so that she got to invite all the girls in her class, and the instructors were very good and patient. We had cake & presents in the room afterwards, and my house remained intact.
    If you still want to try to talk her into it, take M to Michael's and ask them to show you the book of crafts that are available for them to make at parties. I bet something will catch her eye.

I'm putting my foot down this year. I say that every year, of course. This time I mean it, though. My younger girl is turning 5, and has gone to lots of birthday parties (her preschool friends) so I won't be able to get out of a big party for her, but my older one is going to be 9 and I told her that I would take her & a couple of friends to a movie and out for pizza. Their birthdays are only weeks apart and I don't have it in me to do 2 home parties.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2759245;
    My son is 15 and has only a handful of friends that he actually speaks to outside of school. Every year when I ask him what he wants to do for his birthday he just says, nothing or I don't care. It's so hard because I want to throw him a nice party somewhere but he's just not into it. This year he'll be 16 and I really want to do something special for him.
    How about taking him and those few friends to something like laser tag and then an all-you-can-eat buffet?

Ooooh - good one veejer! Or paintball.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I'd like to do paintball or laser tag. Boys are so different than girls once they reach a certain age. Especially about birthdays.

We make a big deal about birthdays here. I feel that it is YOUR special day and you deserve to have it celebrated.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

Or get on the phone. They ALWAYS want you when you are talking to someone else.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My son has decided for his 16th birthday he wants to take one friend and go to Hooters in Hollywood. I have never been so I don't know how little they wear there. Is it like a stripper type food joint?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Judge for yourself.

I've been to Hooters a few times (they used to sponsor my husband's hockey team). They do have excellent chicken wings. I don't know that it's appropriate for teenage boys, though. The waitresses are overly friendly, but maybe that's because I was with a bunch of guys drinking beer. They would come and have a seat and the table and socialize. I'm sure your son would love that, though probably not you.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I am incredibly liberal but I'm going to have to go down there myself to see how it is. I may take him to Dave and Buster's instead to play games and eat. Maybe for his 17th birthday Hooters.......but I still need to check it out for myself..
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread