+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Re: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Well, I looked at the book at one of the websites and they had two sample pages. It looks a little meh to me. The rhymes on the sample pages were a little weak. Maybe there's a reason it's not available on Amazon, because it's not that good.

A book my husband LOVES and loves to read to the kids is "Guess How Much I Love You". If you don't already have that one it would be good. I did a quick search on Amazon just using "father's love" and there were tons of good books. I went into the parenting and families category and I think lots of them would be appropriate (maybe skip the one about fathers, adolescent daughters and post-war American culture though, ick!)
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Wow - if it's not on Amazon, good luck! I buy a lot on Amazon. Can you still go there through here and get the FORT a kickback? Rosiedog - my daughter's in Deland.
    Count your blessings!

WOW is right. Amazon sells new & used.. Try Alibris

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2645652;
    Wow - if it's not on Amazon, good luck! I buy a lot on Amazon. Can you still go there through here and get the FORT a kickback? Rosiedog - my daughter's in Deland.
    Deland's nice. My bf moved to Deltona which is fairly close. My dad and my grandfather both graduated from Stetson Univ. in Deland. (Dad started at the Univ. of Florida before WWII intervened and after the war he finished up in Deland).

Tell her to take a trip to nearby Cassadaga. Interesting town. Was started 100+ years ago by a psychic and is still considered a "psychic" town. There is a haunted B&B there too. Cool place and not far from Deland.
    And of course, she's already probably figured out Daytona Beach is not far away either.
    Best of luck to her in her new place.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Help! (this is not a serious matter)

lildago, I'm sorry to read about all that you have been going through with school. I hope the situation is resolved soon so the kids can have a consistent learning environment for the rest of the school year.

I need some help and have exhausted my usual resources including internet searches. I'm hoping one of you talented FORT parents might be able to give me a hand...

My daughter has a kids toy Singer sewing machine (the pink and purple one) and I have no idea how to remove the protective needle cover so I can re-thread the needle. I've been at it for an hour because she wants to sew a stuffed duck for her soon to arrive niece. I have 4 other machines in this house, all far more complicated, but I can't seem to manage the "kid" version. I always keep the instructions with the machine but they have mysteriously disappeared.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Try Singer Sewing Machine Instruction Manuals or a Google seach for Singer sewing machine manuals PDF
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Re: Help! (this is not a serious matter)

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce;2649539;
    lildago, I'm sorry to read about all that you have been going through with school. I hope the situation is resolved soon so the kids can have a consistent learning environment for the rest of the school year.

I need some help and have exhausted my usual resources including internet searches. I'm hoping one of you talented FORT parents might be able to give me a hand...

My daughter has a kids toy Singer sewing machine (the pink and purple one) and I have no idea how to remove the protective needle cover so I can re-thread the needle. I've been at it for an hour because she wants to sew a stuffed duck for her soon to arrive niece. I have 4 other machines in this house, all far more complicated, but I can't seem to manage the "kid" version. I always keep the instructions with the machine but they have mysteriously disappeared.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Do you by any chance have a model number?

Gabriel has just asked the same question I was curious about. I noticed on Singer's homepage they have a contact button, and a "I need help" search button where you could try supplying the model number. You could try sending them an email. Good luck.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Thanks roses, gabriel, Newfherder.

It's not actually a Singer machine. It's a licensed toy product. I emailed the toy company but haven't heard back. I was just hoping that someone else here might have one and know how to remove the needle guard. I know it must be very easy to do.

It's funny that what is usually the easiest sometimes seems to be the most difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce;2651867;
    Thanks roses, gabriel, Newfherder.

It's not actually a Singer machine. It's a licensed toy product. I emailed the toy company but haven't heard back. I was just hoping that someone else here might have one and know how to remove the needle guard. I know it must be very easy to do.

It's funny that what is usually the easiest sometimes seems to be the most difficult.

I found a few singer licensed toys on the internet with the model NKOK -----
    Is that the model number. I didn't see any images that were blantantly pink & purple, although sometimes advertised pics are not the same.

+ Reply to Thread