+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 572 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Quote Originally Posted by cantgetenough
    I'm all over the cabana boy....I've always said that ask any woman what she really wants and its a gorgeous naked man cleaning her house!!!!
    The sexiest thing in the world is a man doing dishes and dusting.

Where is my Pineapple juice?? Darn these cabana boys for sleeping.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    The irregular cabana boy will do nicely thank you.

Hey, anyone to wait on me for a change would be delightful. Send the irregular guy over this way.
    "Hot Toddy for me please, straight up."
    I support the right to arm bears.

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    Veejay, I have one also, a 3yr old boy. If I may ask, do you plan on having more? We're really struggling with this issue right now, and leaning towards just one for very serious reasons. I really need to bond with other moms of one.
    Chompstick, I'm a mother of one as well (little girl, 2years). We've been waffling on whether to have another for about a year now. We have good reasoning on both sides of the issue, so we probably won't be able to make up our minds for awhile yet.

Now, did I hear someone say that there was a drink-toting, massage-giving Cabana boy around here?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Came to claim my massage now...
    I have reason to believe you don't need to be taking up room in the massage line.
    I support the right to arm bears.

We're really struggling with this issue right now, and leaning towards just one for very serious reasons. I really need to bond with other moms of one.
    Another mom of 1 here! My girl will be 4 in 2 weeks and she's a handful.. like her mother LOL. (anyone else's child tell them that they are going to 'kick your butt'? )
    We hemmed and hawed for a very long time over having a child, then after the deed was done we did the same thing again for a second child. I'm 33 now and while it's not really too old on the child bearing front. I, myself, am feeling too old to handle a newborn. My job allows me unlimited access to little ones 5 days a week 10 hours a day so I don't feel deprived, neither does my daughter.
    The only thing I worry about is when hubby and I grow old and eventually pass away - who will she have? My brothers and I have each other, I'm starting to have huge guilt over this but hubby and I are not interested in having another child.

Where's Paulie? I hear he has cookies, booze and strong hands
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I have reason to believe you don't need to be taking up room in the massage line.
    Variety is the spice of life my friend....now pass me my drink.

I found a cabana boy...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Veejay, I have one also, a 3yr old boy. If I may ask, do you plan on having more? We're really struggling with this issue right now, and leaning towards just one for very serious reasons. I really need to bond with other moms of one.
    No, we decided soon after we got married we were only gonna have one and we waited 9 years after that to have him. Every once in a while I start to think I might like to have another but then I remember all the sleepless nights and all the worry and I think - nah, one's enough. He didn't sleep through the night until he was 15 months old and even then only sporatically. One's alot easier to keep track of when we go places too. My sister has 3 girls and when we go places with them it makes me a nervous wreck because I'm terrified of loosing one. I'm really overprotective too and having even just one more would send my brain into emotional overdrive.
    He gets lonely every once in a while but he's got lots of cousins to play with and now that he's starting school he'll have friends there too (I guess that's one good thing about him going). But I don't think I'll change my mind and have another.
    One's alot more affordable too.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Regarding the one or two (or more) thing....I always say, it's important to know your own limits (emotionally and financially).

I always wanted a boy and he was my first born. He was such a sweet angelic little boy and such an easy baby (eased right into a schedule, took two naps a day, never really fussy). And, I got what I wished for as he is now 120% boy and I have learned to love frogs and lizzards just as much as the next person. ANd RCM, I keep telling myself he is going to be a fierce negotiator some day.

But then when I remarried a few years ago, I really couldn't imagine not having a baby with my new husband (as his closeness to family is what really attracted me to him). He has two grown sons of his own. We got lucky and have a beautiful little girl together that is the "princess" among all these men. My little boy dotes on her and chases her around the house. I just love it and feel so blessed.

Unfortunately, children are very different from one another and the little girl is now the party animal wild child and has made our heads spin. Don't get me wrong, she is very outgoing, doesn't know a stranger and is very sweet, but she DOESN'T SLEEP. That combined now with all the after school activities, homework, dinner, etc. I cannot possibly fathom how I would have any more time for another.

I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I am done.
    Me too

I told Mr. Average J that if he wants a son, better luck with his second wife

After all, girls play hockey too.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread