+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

That's great, Gutmutter. And too bad about Santa, dberk. I have to admit I feel a twinge of guilt when I talk about Santa, but it's such a fun thing for them to believe in for a few years.

And Duxx, I'm with you. I'm convinced 4 is the perfect age for Christmas. We had so much fun surprising her with Santa's gifts. She was so sweet about everything, she was just thrilled to have presents at all - she didn't care what was in them. We signed some of the packages from her cats, and we made sure Santa brought the cats each a little treat. We also did that trick where we took a small present and wrapped it in bigger and bigger boxes until she had a humongous present to open.

Best line of the night, she found a present with her name on it, and she said, "It's SOMETHING! It's SOMETHING!"
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    Ok, today was such fun.. I've decided that Meredith will remain 4 forever.
    The Mom has spoken.
    That brought a memory, Duxxy.

When my son was about four, we were at an extended family gathering and he opened a present that was packaged in a shoe box. After getting the paper off, he exclaimed gleefully, "I got A BOX!!!!!" The fact that there was a toy IN the box was like icing on the cake.

He still likes to play with boxes and he's 12.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    That brought a memory, Duxxy.

When my son was about four, we were at an extended family gathering and he opened a present that was packaged in a shoe box. After getting the paper off, he exclaimed gleefully, "I got A BOX!!!!!" The fact that there was a toy IN the box was like icing on the cake.

that's funny veej. My soon to be 18 month old loves boxes. Didn't care about any of his gifts, just wanted the boxes and also some empty soda bottles (plastic) entertained him all weekend. If he still likes that when he's 12, it'll be cheaper cuz that's what I'll get him

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    That's great, Gutmutter. And too bad about Santa, dberk. I have to admit I feel a twinge of guilt when I talk about Santa, but it's such a fun thing for them to believe in for a few years.

What about Santa??? What do you mean??? WHAT'S GOING ON??? He IS TOO real!!!

(Sorry hepcat...looonnnggg day and a bunch of re-runs on.)
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Quote Originally Posted by veejer

Ahhhh, kids, you gotta love 'em. Hepcat, loved the "It's something" quote, too. Art Linkletter was right....kids do say the darndest things.

Mr. Rose and I were reminiscing about how we used to leave carrots out for the reindeer, as well as cookies and milk for Santa. Christmas morning, besides Santa leaving cookie crumbs, all the reindeer left out front were carrot pieces and shavings......above all else, that made the biggest impact on Lil Rose.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I took my grandkids to our family Christmas party and my 2 yr old granddaughter pretended not to hear anything I said to her almost the whole day. The only reaction I got was when I asked her if she wanted to take a "snoozie". She responded with an immediate "NO!". I guess when there are new toys and other kids around grandma is chopped liver. Well I'd rather be it, than eat it.

On Christmas Eve my girls were about to go to bed when this conversation took place.

8 yr old - Mom, we forgot to leave Santa his cookies!!!
    5 yr old - We can't leave him cookies this year.
    8 yr old - What do you mean???? We have to leave him & the reindeer something.
    5 yr old - Oh, we can leave him an apple, all those cookies are going to make him fat and his teeth will all fall out.

So there were 2 apples to be eaten.

That is so cute imajunkie2! Kids really come out with the best things.

My daughter who is home from college has to go back for 2 days to take the final 2 tests (oral and long-distance night flight) to get her pilot's liscence. I won't let her take my new car (she totalled my last one) so my ex-husband is using my car for 2 days and letting her drive his old clunker. Of course I feel guilty that there is a chance she will break down, but I really can't afford for her to total another car of mine. Oh the guilt!
    Count your blessings!

Ah yes..........I'm also a member of the Daughter-Totalled-My-Car Club. Thank God, she was absolutely fine, but my 2002 Altima did not survive. She is not allowed to go near my 2005 Altima (nor does she want to) that replaced it. We got her an old Honda Civic, but made it clear, this was not a reward. She had to pay the difference in our car insurance, and pay for half the price of the car.

I'm sure your daughter will get there just fine, and I wish her luck. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed today....I'm Irish, so I pack some power behind those fingers.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread