+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Holy cow, Duxxy. That story just keeps getting weirder.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    My baby starts Middle School tomorrow.

{{hugs}} Scarlett. That is pretty sad.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    {{hugs}} Scarlett. That is pretty sad.
    *sniff* Thanks. I'm devastated. (But I keep reassuring him how cool it's gonna be!)

I need to vent. Feel free to scroll right on by. Most people do when they see me show up.
    We were out antiquing today and stopped at a CiCi's Pizza. There was a group there consisting of three young women and eight (that's 8) Kids. They stayed for about forty-five minutes after we got there and not one of the women ever corrected a kid. They played tag around everyone's tables, picked tidbits out of the salad bar, picked pepperoni off thr pizza and picked up sweet rolls with their hands. They played with every tong there was on the bar and my husband said he had to wait to get our soft drinks till they let about a gallon of soft drink run down the drain. Even though it is a self serve place, the young men working there were going table to table and bringing the requested food to the tables straight from the oven or kitchen. I assume this was because they knew we weren't too keen on eating dirty food. I'm sure that they are not allowed to ask the people to corral the kids. What do you all think should have happened besides the obvious, parents correcting them?

Had I been the manager I would have told the parents if they couldn't control their children they were all welcome to leave. Ugh - my daughter is 5 but she knows how to behave in a restaurant - gets out her best "Madeline" manners and even sits with a napkin on her lap. Clueless parents = clueless children who grow up to be clueless parents
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

I've been in the restaurant business for more years than I care to admit and have tossed that family out of every restaurant I've ever managed. When one group of people is making it that miserable for the balance of my customers then it is my duty to ask them to leave. If they refuse, then you call the police to remove them or arrest them for criminal trespassing. I have the right to refuse service to anyone.

(threadjack)
    Back to work tomorrow, unklescott, right? Hope it goes well. Sounds like they really really need you.
    (end threadjack)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

The sad thing is that the restaurant would probably get sued. That happens quite often here. And the retaurant usually loses. Unk, I think it's sort of an advanced case of the hair in the food. If you win you get money instead of a free meal.

*hugs* to scarlett! Goodluck.

+ Reply to Thread