+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2
    "Why cant you be adventurous like that??" :rolleyes
    Yeah, or mine might say, "hey, we've got to get new friends!"
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My baby is at a my friends for the week. Her sitter is out of town. I haven't seen her since Sunday and I miss the heck out of her. I get to go pick her up tomorrow, though. It is amazing how much you can miss the little buggers, isn't it?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    My baby is at a my friends for the week. Her sitter is out of town. I haven't seen her since Sunday and I miss the heck out of her. I get to go pick her up tomorrow, though. It is amazing how much you can miss the little buggers, isn't it?
    YES! It's so good to let them spend time away from home, because everyone appreciates each other so much more afterwards. However, our daughter will be going to college next year, and she is hoping to go to Missouri, Chicago or NY. We're in California. I keep asking her, "was it something we said?! Could you possibly find anything further away?" My husband is already freaking out about it! She tells us it's our fault for raising her to be so independent. Damn, we should have thought that through better!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Awww... Dag We do miss them terribly.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Ok.. here is the semi-story as I understand it. Of the two couples in question one is childless and the other packs their 2 yr old off to grandma's house every weekend.. so these two couples have been spending lots of time together playing cards and drinking. They joke all the time about how they were swapping tonight..we've all joked about it at one time or another. Well.. apparently 2 decided to go ahead and actually swap. I'm not sure if it was mutually agreed upon or if the 2 of them got up to no good while the other 2 were passed out or what the story is!! Apparently the 2 that were left out were not happy about it and they decided to even the score
    Now everyone's feelings are hurt and the 4 of them are not speaking to each other. Go figure!
    junkie - sorry about the nose spurt and my husband knew about it first because he works with the 2 men in question.. they all kept me in the dark for the past few weeks because I'm very vocal with my thoughts and feelsing regarding cheaters .. and sorry but even if you jokingly agree.. its still cheating.
    We both reacted the same way .. first: ewwwww then: ick.. how could he sleep with her?

Hepcat.. crap like this only matters when it pertains to me.. and messing up my bbq pisses me off
    buggers.:phhht

It's so hard to find couple friends .. especially when they start acting like dogs in heat and ruin a good thing! :phhht
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

and sorry but even if you jokingly agree.. its still cheating.
    No No No No No..... that is not what I meant at all. When I asked you what your hubby's reaction was I still didnt know if this was a planned swap or a secretive swap. And was simply trying to make a joke (as bad as it may have been) about it if it was a planned swap.

I totally agree with you on the cheating stance. IMO there is no excuse for it whatsoever at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    My oldest has been gallivanting between both sets of grandparents for the past TWO WEEKS. The husband is finally going to pick her up tomorrow (she's far away too, in our home province ) I mean, it was nice to spend some alone time with baby...Lord knows the youngest doesn't usually gets all mom's attention...but still.

Dux...sorry about your BBQ.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

junkie I totally got that you were joking I didn't mean to single you out at all!!
    I um forgot to change paragraphs LMAO. My comments were not very clear :rolleyes .. a very bad habit of mine. What I meant to say is: joking about swapping is one thing, actually doing it is another.. it's even worse to take your spouse's joking approval as actual agreement (well.. permission in this case) and act on it. I think their weekend drinking sprees killed off too many brain cells, personally. We aren't exactly talking about teenagers here either. One couple is 40/28 and the other is 28/26. Go figure.

.. still lamenting the demise of my bbq. I'm going to have to start making new friends :rolleyes
    Jane and Texi need to move closer to me!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy, we're "looking" for couple friends too. Coming to Montreal? (We won't swap, I swear)

Almost all our friends are single and so our ideas of going out are quite different. I'm pretty much done the bar thing. I'm more of a "coffee" kind of girl or going to concerts etc...

Back to topic...

A question for any of the parents out there of grown up kids....is there any way to soothe your parents/grandparents worries about you? My family is always worried about me, and I realize this, but there's times I'm just gonna go off on my own and I really need to get the worry factor toned down just a bit (I'm 33, but always their baby of course). Example being that tonight I just broke it to them that I'm going to Chicago on my own in October for FORTCon...they are totally and completely freaked out by this. It's not the first time I've travelled on my own to meet friends from the internet, but the worry factor seems to get worse every time. I already sat thru 2 hours of lectures tonight..what can I do to try and ease the worries a little bit?

+ Reply to Thread