+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Yes her 8th birthday was a couple months ago. If I remember right they painted at her party. I asked my daughter when tucking her in that night if she had a good day and she said "It was awesome!!" So I guess thats what counts the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Veejer, I played flute and then piccolo for years in marching band. It really isn't very different at all, once she gets used to the keys being so little and close together.
    Tell her also, that the piccolo has three benefits: 1, she'll get to play cool melody parts, 2, she can be heard above the rest of the band, and 3, it will fit in her pocket, which is nice when her friends are lugging a tuba around.
    Thanks Lucy and ADKLove. I played flute as well, but never piccolo. She is having a little trouble with the smaller embouchure. She practiced quite a while this morning and sounded better all the time. I just hope she didn't blow her lip.

applesauce, to your little guy. Enjoy all the hugs you can.

imajunkie2, in my experience that kind of attitude is hereditary. *cough*cough* Mom and/or Dad probably look down their noses at everyone too. Also, sad to say but that is about the age when cliques started at my daughter's school.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2
    "I wouldnt have come if I knew they were going to be playing chilidsh games." :rolleyes
    Ima, please don't let this little girl rain on your parade. Majority rules! If it appears most of the kids had a good time, she's probably just a sour apple. I have been to thousands of little kids' parties, and the most fun are the ones that have a lot of different activities like yours. Here's my take on her: some children have a difficult time allowing the birthday girl (or boy) to be the center of attention. My daughter (who is 17 now ) had a "friend" like this come to one (notice I say ONE) of her parties when they were about the same age. She was very disruptive, whiny and complained about what was going on. You could almost literally see the chip on her shoulder. It was very apparent to me that she wasn't going to have a good time if she could help it. Everyone else had lots of fun and we basically just tried to ignore her, and not let her ruin things for everyone else. It sounds like you did a great job!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

ummm those were childish games?? I'm planning on stealing them for the bbq we are having later this month .. well the one we were supposed to have .. but my husband I and I just found out that 2 sets of our couple friends have been switching partners and one of the spouses is not liking the arrangement.. so they aren't talking .. there goes 2/4 of our group of friends :rolleyes what in the hell motivates some people?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Thanks so much everyone for your support, this was the first year that I actually organized games etc. In previous years it was a free for all in the pool type party. I figured now that the kids were older they would be more willing to particpate and actually understand the rules to a new game.
    Its okay that one guest didnt have fun because i know my daughter did.

Duxxy - you really should have put a warning on thread. Something alongs the line of... If drinking anything swallow Now!! I had water coming out my nose!!

When you say "switching" do you mean secretly or voluntarily??

Yes, Dux...don't stop the story now you obviously have more interesting friends that the rest of us.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Whoa, Duxx -- your friends have turned out to be swingers?!
    Um, yeah, that'll ruin a party (or make it, but apparently not in this case).
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    ummm those were childish games?? I'm planning on stealing them for the bbq we are having later this month .. well the one we were supposed to have .. but my husband I and I just found out that 2 sets of our couple friends have been switching partners and one of the spouses is not liking the arrangement.. so they aren't talking .. there goes 2/4 of our group of friends :rolleyes what in the hell motivates some people?

OOOOOK. Isn't that something that should have been discussed before switching partners? Ah....never mind

Dux, I like how you see it in terms of how many friends it wipes out for you and what it does to your BBQ.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I kinda wonder what your husband's reaction was to the news they were swapping. Mine would probably be something along the lines of..... "Why cant you be adventurous like that??" :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread