+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

That bad, Dux? Our family doesn't do the church thing (too lazy and except in summer, I work a lot of weekends). I'm amazed Ontario has a French school board, there isn't even one in Manitoba.

BTW - I used to work for a public school division and trust me, the teachers were nowhere near underpaid. They start at about $30,000 and it goes up damn fast (they have an awfully good - and powerful - union in my home province). You don't wanna know what the administration types make. There's plenty of $$$$ to go around when it comes to paying them, believe me.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Then that really makes you wonder where in the hell the rest of the money is doesnt it?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Woo Hoo! I've officially got all my school shopping done. We went shopping for clothes yesterday. I got some great deals too. I have to point out that Old Navy is now my new favorite store. We got 5 of Little Man's T-Shirts there on sale for $25.00. Believe it or not, I had never been shopping there before.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

Quote Originally Posted by VeeJay
    Woo Hoo! I've officially got all my school shopping done. We went shopping for clothes yesterday. I got some great deals too. I have to point out that Old Navy is now my new favorite store. We got 5 of Little Man's T-Shirts there on sale for $25.00. Believe it or not, I had never been shopping there before.

Congrats and thanks for the Old Navy T-shirt tip. I need to head over there and do some BTS shopping for my son. You can never enough T's!

VeeJay - congrats on your shopping being complete , and on finding out the joys of shopping at Old Navy - I buy a lot of MY stuff there, too

I've still got to get Emma shoes (which I usually order from Lands End) and a few other things (love those new little pleated skirts) and pants, which she is going to have to try on - she's 5, but size 6 or 6x, depending on the style, and sometimes THOSE are too short (she's 98%tile height for her age), so may have to go into size 7 and have mom or my sister alter them for her

Can't believe she is starting Kindergarten in the fall
    Where has the summer gone???? For that matter, where have the past 5 1/2 years gone????
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

No you never can have enough T's Applesauce.

ADK, my son's alway's been over the 95%tile so I know exactly what you're going through. Although I don't have to worry about skirts.

I know all about the years flying by too. Mine starts kindergarten in 13 days!
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

13 days - VeeJay I'd be freaking out about now if I were you

Em's so excited (she starts mid-Sept) that I swear I'm not going to cry (until the bus goes down the hill and she can't see me anymore, then for sure)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    13 days - VeeJay I'd be freaking out about now if I were you
    I am - completely!

My daughter, a sophomore, came home excited from their first marching band practice last night. She was given one of the school's piccolos to play instead of her flute!!! It is rather different from the flute though so she called her private teacher and said, "I know I'm not scheduled for a lesson this week because you're going out of town, but can you pleeeeeeeeeeease squeeze me in before you leave?" Of course she said yes.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

My son turns 5 today. He is such a handsome little man. I told him I can't believe he's is growing up so fast and pretended to sniffle. He came over, gave me a hug and said, "don't worry Mama, I won't leave you yet."

+ Reply to Thread