+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 572 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oasis - A spot for FORT parents

Amen to your sig line, Duxxy I'm going to buy my kids earplugs for when I'm driving.

Glad to hear my 4-yr-old is not the only child vegetarian around (except of course for Chicken McNuggets).
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Birth stories

Just so we know we aren't alone ..

15 hours of labour
    36 hours-no sleep
    everyone and his brother in my labour room
    ruptured placenta
    emergency c-section
    allergic reaction to morphine
    jaundiced baby
    4 long days in hospital
    mom decided to 'help' and stay for a week
    Breast nazis

Holding my daughter for the first time
    Demerol
    Bottle feeding
    Lanisoh cream
    booting mom out after 2 days
    seeing hubby cry tears of joy
    excellent surgeon - no scar
    awesome baby

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy

mom decided to 'help' and stay for a week
    Breast nazis
    Duxxy! I was mortified the first time I tried to nurse. I am pretty conservative/private and granted, when you are in delivery, modesty has no place, but even so, the nurse that helps show you how to get it going... THANKS! *go hide under a rock*

Two things to add for picky eaters:

1) I like to make funny names for the dishes I serve so it peaks their interest
    2) If they like dessert after dinner and they don't eat their meal, I always say " fine don't eat it, but you're not getting anything else since you didn't finish" (usually they start gobbling right away)

Should we send out the re-enforcements to find Paulie?? he's been MIA for a very long time
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy - he read your last post and when he got to "breast nazis" he turned tail and ran for his life...

All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thanks to everyone else for your picky eater suggestions!

My labor story goes like this:

Went in on a Sunday (3 days before my due date) to be induced because they thought the baby was gonna be too big (turns out he was just really long - 21 3/4" - makes for a big belly since I'm only 5'2")
    Labored all day and night Monday.
    Labored all day and night Tuesday.
    Tuesday night gave up the brave facade and took an epidural.
    Had him c-section Wednesday at 12:20 p.m.

3 days of labor = not fun. But I would do it all over again without even a second thought.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

are you trying to tell me I'm a thread killer?? LOL um yeah I kinda noticed that.. disregard the breast nazis and tell us why you decided to work/stay home.

When hubby and I finally decided that we wanted a child we agreed that one of us should stay home and raise him/her. Since hubby made way more money than I did, I was the one to stay home.
    I hated being at home all day, all alone (with the baby) I needed a challenge. Not to say that raising a child isn't busy and challenging but having worked since I was legally able I didn't know what to do with myself sitting at home with just me and the kiddo. So .. I decided to open a licensed home daycare. Now I get the best of both worlds. My kiddo has playmates, the things I would have only done for her I do for 5 and the money certainly is nice. It's not really good money but it keeps us in groceries and playdoh
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    When hubby and I finally decided that we wanted a child we agreed that one of us should stay home and raise him/her. Since hubby made way more money than I did, I was the one to stay home.
    I hated being at home all day, all alone (with the baby) I needed a challenge. Not to say that raising a child isn't busy and challenging but having worked since I was legally able I didn't know what to do with myself sitting at home with just me and the kiddo. So .. I decided to open a licensed home daycare. Now I get the best of both worlds. My kiddo has playmates, the things I would have only done for her I do for 5 and the money certainly is nice. It's not really good money but it keeps us in groceries and playdoh
    That's pretty much my story minus the daycare. But I love staying at home. I'm just the boring quiet book-mouse type. I'm not much of a go getter. I do plan on volunteering at school when my son goes this fall though.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

We have always done the one bite rule with new foods. It worked really well for our family. Our kids are older now (20, 15 and almost 13) and they'll eat almost anything. Also, they love to help in the kitchen and are learning to cook themselves.

Hubs and I are both avid cooks and I love having kids who will eat things like artichoke hearts, goat cheese, salmon etc. Last night we had tuna tetrazzini with garlic, onions, red peppers, artichoke hearts and feta. In fact the only thing they won't eat is escargot. That's fine because it leaves more for ME!

Hi Moms, thanks to AJ for telling me about this thread, cool!

Before I start, mama Harold, you must share some recipes~lol

I am a stay at home mom of a 2 year old daughter (12/12/01) and a 7 month old son (07/04/03) and we're not having any more children, I had my tubes tied in October. 2 is hard these days to raise and not to mention it gets quite costly.

For the mom who said people say you're not a mom until 2 kids, no way girl! I am an only child, never felt like anything was missing in my life and when I see many problems people do have with their siblings, it doesn't bother me that I don't have that. I was never lonely or bored etc..., had lots of fun and many friends. I have 2 half brothers but we've never met so....

What a great thread....can't wait to talk to more of you mommies....

+ Reply to Thread