+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Non-snow climates

Cali, for 2" of snow, they don't even plow the roads around here...

Weren't you scheduled to work today, too? Poor Cali.

5-6 inches in NYC.

I love snow!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    In fairness to the mid atlantic region, I have to say that the closings are most of the time not weather related as much as traffic related.

I mean, traffic here is unbearable with perfect road conditions (second only to LA as the worst traffic in America). Throw in some snow, and you've got chaos. They need to cancel school because the buses can't get around.

One day after a little snow storm it took me 5 1/2 hours to get home from work!!!! And I was only driving 12 total miles.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Up in Alaska, they never cancelled school for snow the entire time I was there. "A foot of snow in an hour? Whiteout conditions? F*ck you. Go to school, you delinquent."
    Yeah, same here. We didn't miss school too much. Bus delays until the roads could get plowed, but rarely closed. They closed the school in the heaters weren't working or if there was an asbestos leak. (IN HS we had asbestos days, )

And Eny, I find that the worst time to drive is the first couple weeks of winter... when everyone has to re-learn how to drive in snow.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that schools can be closed for a couple of inches of snow.
    The politicians in charge of those counties need to get their heads out of their butts and sort out the highways if traffic is what's keeping the schools closed.
    It's quite ridiculous.

I feel for parents who suddenly have to rush to find daycare.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Just cause I can't resist it......

What's snow????????

I wore shorts and a t-shirt yesterday on my day off, we're still pushin into the 80's every day here in sunny Florida.

Libra!

Schools are closed tomorrow too

It really is fun to hang with the kids and play. Then come and drink Hot Chocolate.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

labtech
    We got about 5 inches of sleet and ice last night and this morning. We lost power from about 5:45am until 10:30 am but I just talked to my office manager and she said that our office was without power and it probably wouldn't be truned back on until Saturday. The schools are closed again tomorrow so we are all going to be here in our humble abode!!!!!

They said we got 3 1/2 inches of snow yesterday, Missouri DOT was caught flatfooted cause weather guessers said only a dusting was predicted.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567