+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Non-snow climates

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I could scrape that much off my windshield - Can we all go visit Summer now ?
    We used to have neighbours that had moved here from Victoria Bc - no snow. Every time it snowed he'd phone to have my guys come and make snowmen - forts etc . About a months worth of snows , when he realized it wasn't going away - he quit phoning
    I keep telling my kids that you can decorate a palm tree just as well as an evergreen for Christmas.
    As long as the snow is only bumper height, it can still be driven through.But it is stupid how everyone forgets how to drive from year to year.
    Like did you think for some reason it was going to be different this year and you can drive 100 km ( 65 mph) on sheer ice

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Oh... Ili, I meant to comment earlier.. we have a ton of people who think 4 wheel drive means you can drive fast not only in snow, but also on ice! Losers.

I had a wreak block the freeway two years ago. 6.....yes..6!! idiots in 4 wheers wrecked and block the highway.

4 wheeler just means you can get stuck in more in-accessable areas

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hmmm, i screwed the quote up from cali

We usually get pretty good snow here in northern Kansas, so I have a 4 wheel drive SUV. I'm one of the few good guys who drives it responsibly in icy conditions. Few things tick me off more than cruising along in 4-high & getting passed by Geo Metros & other two door specks. Those little gnats absolutely fly past me like I'm sitting still. Then I'll see them sitting sideways in a ditch somewhere trying to wave people down for help. You morons! If you're not hurt, nobody's gonna stop. The munchkin in the car seat helps me drive safely, but what are these other jerks thinking?

Originally posted by enygma
    Can we all go visit Summer now ?

As long as the snow is only bumper height, it can still be driven through.But it is stupid how everyone forgets how to drive from year to year.
    Anytime Eny - Hey maybe we could switch homes for a week!

Get the rofl guys ready - You can really drive in snow that deep!?

Originally posted by Zhora
    SNOWMEN?!?!? With half an inch of snow? I think we call that frost, don't we?
    That is hysterical!

Up in Alaska, they never cancelled school for snow the entire time I was there. "A foot of snow in an hour? Whiteout conditions? F*ck you. Go to school, you delinquent."

They didn't even close school when Mt. St. Augustine erupted in 1987 and covered our high school in ash. Maybe if lava had been rolling down the street...
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Schools closed for Lava the image is killing me

Well, they are officially closed here... suprise!! I mean really we do have TWO WHOLE INCHES ALREADY
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

forgot to add....

Woo HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Princess
    Cali! Congrats!
    Seattle is so nice, we have the cold but rarely any snow. In 4 years we had snow twice, and only once it stayed for 24 hrs.

Sweden, where I'm from is an entirely different story... much like Canada I believe. I've been experiencing -40 C, which is kind of nippy, and lots of snow, but never school or work closed...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    We got 5-6 inches here. I'm actually quite surprised. Usually the more the weather forecasters hype the storm, the more it means it will bypass us. When they bring out the old "it depends on where the rain/snow line passes" I know they are just trying to bail themselves out.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast