+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Non-snow climates

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    The thing I love about living on Colorado's "Front Range" (the area where the plains meet the eastern slope of the Rockies), is that while we do get snow, it rarely says around longer than a few days.

The coldest place I ever lived was Iran. Yep, in the Middle East. While we lived in the southern part of the country for four years and would see temps reaching 120f in the Summer, we also spent two years in the northern part of the country. One Winter we had three feet of snow on the ground and temperatures that reached -36f.

It sounds weird to think of snow in Iran, until you remember that it boarders part of what was once the Soviet Union.

Here in West Michigan, with the lake effect snow we ALWAYS have, they never cancel school. If the School Board Administrator can get to work, school's on.

I always hated that growing up, because really, we get craploads of snow and cold, and only have one, or maybe two snow days per day, max.

And our high school campus was an open campus, meaning lots of buildings not connected to each other, like a university. Now, they've wimped out and built little glassed-in tunnels. Wimps!

I find it quite ridiculous how some communitites are totally unprepared for snow.
    I know it's rare in some places but jeez, it's not like it's anthrax and everyone needs to stay in the house.
    I guess I've just become accustomed to it over the past few years.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I know it's rare in some places but jeez, it's not like it's anthrax and everyone needs to stay in the house.
    Amen sister
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

It's raining Anthrax!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Well, there was a message on my machine when I got home, and I was supposed to sub tomorrow, but the teachers trip was cancelled because of the snow that isn't falling yet!! It really is quite funny.
    That's cool with me though. I am pretty sure we wont have school anyway, but now I'm not working no matter what

Oh... Ili, I meant to comment earlier.. we have a ton of people who think 4 wheel drive means you can drive fast not only in snow, but also on ice! Losers.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Miss Filangi

It's raining Anthrax!
    Which soul sister was it that sang that song?

"It's raining anthrax!
    Hallelulah! It's raining anthrax! Amen!"

When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I remember getting a letter from my friend June in South Africa when I was in high school. She said it had snowed half an inch. It was the first time she had ever seen snow. They closed the schools and everyone went out and made snowmen.

SNOWMEN?!?!? With half an inch of snow? I think we call that frost, don't we?
    Im haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

JR.
    Originally posted by Zhora
    ...SNOWMEN?!?!? With half an inch of snow? I think we call that frost, don't we?
    Heh, I'm sure I can scrape that much from my freezer. They must've been the most pathetic snowmen ever created. I can picture them now, with dirt all over, looking more like a dalmation.

Originally posted by JR.
    Heh, I'm sure I can scrape that much from my freezer. They must've been the most pathetic snowmen ever created. I can picture them now, with dirt all over, looking more like a dalmation.
    ...and 6 inches tall!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast