+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Non-snow climates

No snow right now for Dallas. It was a beautiful day today. About 70 degrees. It snows maybe 1 or 2 days, and like Eden said, only speckles. That's fine with me. That's all the snow I need to see.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hmmmmm Ilikai and I both worked in antarctica, now we can tell you about snow and cold for long periods of time.

I live in Fort McMurray. I can tell you about snow and cold for long periods of time.

It does get warmer here, though. Was it ever colder than -40 while you were in Antarctica?

at times it was -90 and I had to work outside 9 hours a day. just a bit nippy on the nose

-90. OK you beat me. But only barely.

barely?????!!!!!!!

no way, I had clothes on. but I did jump into the water, naked, when it was 18 degrees.

The coldest I've ever known it where I live was -42, that does include the windchill though.
    Without that I think it was about -30.
    Thankkfully that was only for a couple of days though, then it was back to -10 to -15 still cold but obviously not nearly as bad.
    "That's Numberwang!"

We got about 5 inches today. It took me an hour and half to get to work and an hour to drive home (it's normally a half hour drive) because no one in Detroit remembers how to drive in snow from snow fall to snow fall. It's snowing again, I hope it occurs to them to plow and salt the roads tonight.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

We got about 5 minutes worth of sleet tonight.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

Originally posted by Eden
    What cracks me up in Dallas is how the local TV weather people make a HUGE deal about any suspected snow on the way ... and how the people here panic and run to the grocery stores to "stock up." Heh. And they'll call off school here for the smallest amount of snow. Very amusing.
    this made me laugh so freakin' hard! i was talking on the phone to my mom today and she said, "i hear that there is a chance of "weather" for either tomorrow or the day after. make sure you have enough food in the house."

she's wonderful. i've heard this so many times in my life in dallas that it doesn't even compute anymore. until i read it in eden's post, i didn't even think about how funny it is!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast