+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Non-snow climates

We get lake effect snow Fluff and we're only about 2 hours from you.

Of course, if you take a look at the map and point in the very middle of the Great Lakes, there I am. I'm within an hour to 3 lakes.

They've been playing Christmas songs non-stop all day. Yeah, that makes it more bearable.

We only have about 2 feet of snow, but accumulated about 3.5. I was exagerating earlier - but not by much.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Well, don't move to Buffalo Sumer, they got 84" of snow in one day last year. That's 84 inches, INCHES!!!!.
    Can you even imagine?
    We were watching all aobut it on the news paying homage to the lake for stopping it getting to us.
    I really felt so sorry for them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I cannot imagine! But how fun that would be for those of us who don't ever get to see it or play in it. (And don't have a travel budget)
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

I love snow as long as I don't have to go anywhere vital in it.

When my twins were just a couple of weeks old I fell over on a patch of ice and broke my wrist.
    I didn't realise it was broken at the time and drove my boys to the clinic for their check up. I mentioned that my wrist was sore so they checked it for me and I ended up in a cast.
    I was not amused.
    "That's Numberwang!"

JR.
    Bah, I hate snow and I hate the cold. Summer, you and you're kids are not missing a thing...well except frostbite.

Sleeping with George W
    We occasionally get a dusting of snow here in Dallas, but it's gone by the next day or two.

My son really gets bummed about not having snow to play in, but I personally don't care for snow, unless I'm on vacation in it somewhere and can sip a hot chocolate while watching it out the window.

What cracks me up in Dallas is how the local TV weather people make a HUGE deal about any suspected snow on the way ... and how the people here panic and run to the grocery stores to "stock up." Heh. And they'll call off school here for the smallest amount of snow. Very amusing.

Speaking of the grocery store. What is it with people? If it is going to be below oh, say 40 or so here, people flock to the store!! I just don't get it.

Do they think that all trucking/trains/planes will stop and there will be NO MORE groceries
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

Since i work in a grocery store i can tell you that we really dread when they call for snow.Iam just glad that i have tomorrow off so i don't have to put up with all the crazies stocking up.

I once saw a ladie buying 5 loaves of bread,6 gallons of milk and 40 frozen pizzas.I have no idea what she was going to do with the pizzas if the power failed.

OK, sorry, it says I edited... I meant to quote you and reply... hit the wrong button, I didn't edit this post at all
    Last edited by cali; 12-04-2002 at 12:10 PM.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Actually I am firmly convinced that the meterologists in this area have stock with Giant and SafeWay.

Also - this is the only area where I have literally seen people abandon their automobile in the middle of the road for no reason other than they no longer want to drive in the "snow". And when I say "snow", I'm talking flurries in most instances. People here are freaks -- I grew up with lots of snow and took drivers ed in the middle of winter, so it doesn't bother me at all.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

There was snow, but then it was really warm and all melted. Now it's -15 and the roads are all icy and my ABS is working overtime, and theres only a little snow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast