+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your tree

We are using a pre light artifical tree this year. with mini colored lights. The theme is for the childern to cram as many ornaments on the tree as they can. We have a hodge podge of disney, hallmark, hand made, wooden, pewter, glass etc etc orniments. The girls want to put up a mini tree in their room, we have an extra 3 foot one so they will put up that one. Mostly likely the tree will go up this coming weekend.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Those pre-lit trees are cool.
    Saves a lot of bother.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I've never used one before. I got this one free, no one wanted it from my Uncle's house when he passed away so I took it and all his Christmas orniments, which will join the holiday hodgepodge here. I'm looking forward to not messing with the lights on the tree, which never turn out how I want them.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    This will be the 4th Christmas together for Mrs. Wayner and I, but only the second time we've put up a tree - the last two years we went out of town for the holidays and didn't decorate.

We'll be putting up the tree this weekend. We decided to give in to convenience and bought a nice 7' artificial tree that is already prewired with 1000 white lights. We'll miss the lovely pine smell, but we won't miss the mess that comes with it.

We each brought some ornaments into our marriage, and we hang most all of them. There is a mixture of glass balls and cute holiday characters. Some ornaments are sentimental; I have a worn old plastic Santa head that was on the tree my very first Christmas, and we hang a cat-shaped bell that my grandmother would ring when she was too old and weak to call for us when I was very young. I may have mentioned previously that my folks started collecting the Hallmark "Frosty Friends" series for me back in 1981. Since that sounds too sissified, my wife and I refer to them as the "Kick-ass Penguin" ornaments, though not all of them have penguins and none of them look like they could particularly kick ass. I'll post a pic on John's tree thread next week when we get it up and decorated.

I need to get a digital camera. I'd like to post a picture of our tree, too. It looked the funniest Saturday afternoon with 90% of the ornaments crammed together on the bottom 2 to 3 feet of the tree. The kids likd piling them on top of each other or else putting them just inches away from one another.

I have two ornaments that I love to hang every year. One is this giant round cat in a Santa Claus jacket and hat. Pre-kids, I dubbed him "Fatass". He's now "Fat Cat". The other one is this huge Incredible Hulk ornament. I always looks for a big open space in the tree so he can run in there. The guy is full-on action. Nothing says Christmas like The Incredible Hulk!

Oh, I also like it when the wife and I hang up our Niners and Seahawks helmet ornaments. I always make sure the Seahawks are a little higher on the tree than the 49ers. Grossly optimistic wishful thinking most of the time.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Nothing says Christmas like The Incredible Hulk!
    Paulie!

And you can borrow my digital, or I can come by and snap a pic for you. We've all just gotta see the Hulkster now!

Deal, Wayner! Get your ass over to my house this weekend, and we'll do a full-on digital analysis of The Paulie Tree.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Deal, Wayner! Get your ass over to my house this weekend, and we'll do a full-on digital analysis of The Paulie Tree.
    Note to self: Photography for Dummies might make an ideal gift for Paulie. He apparently is under the mistaken assumption that I take digital pictures with my ass.

No, no, Paulie, that's a shUtter!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234