+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your tree

We only ever have white lights on our tree, I don't like the multi-coloured ones.

By the time Christmas comes round my tree will have been up for over two months.
    "That's Numberwang!"

We have white lights that twinkle. NOT the flashing ones, they just kind of do this soft twinkling thing. It' really pretty.

For decorations, we always use shades of red and gold, mixed with some glass ornaments.

That sounds pretty Kylie.
    We used to have green, red and gold on the tree but we've phased out the red and green now.
    I always have to go to Walmart as soon as it opens right after Christmas so I can get some cut price decorations for the following year.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thanks Fluff.

My mom always does WalMart the day after for decorations and wrapping paper too.

We used to do green, but since the tree is green, they don't look as pretty, anyway.

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by fluff
    My tree is all different shades of gold.
    We also have some lovely frosted glass decorations.
    That sounds really pretty, Fluff.

We have an artificial tree that looks incredibly real. We do multi-colored small lights (no blinkers) and just hand-made ornaments. My mother's church has a craft show every fall and the older women make the coolest ornaments out of felt -- all different kinds of characters from stuff like Mary Poppins to animals, football players, you name it. She sends me about 10 new ones each year, so we just keep adding more on.

I'd like to do a more "sophisticated" tree someday, maybe after my son is older.

JR.
    I have a fake tree and only use non-blinking red lights. For orniments I use round silver and a silver star on top. It's very simple, but a lot of people seem to like it.

When my wife and I shacked up before getting hitched, we had a real tree. After getting married, we got a small artificial one since we found out doing the real one that we really don't have any room for a big tree. Now this year we got a 3-4 foot pre-lit one and its not a bad looking tree, if I could get one 6' I would buy it. No special colored themes either.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I like the sound of all the trees.
    It's all a matter of personal taste, it's not like there is a right or wrong when it comes to something like this.
    You should just go with whatever you like.
    I don't think I've seena purely silver and red scheme JR, sounds rather striking.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I agree, Fluff, these all sound very pretty! I suggest putting up pictures of our trees later.

I have a friend who uses blue lights and all blue and white ornaments. Turns out very pretty.

We usually go for either white or red lights on the tree and lots of really unique ornaments that we have gathered over our lifetimes. My parents used to buy me at least one nice ornament every year when I was a kid so I could decorate my first tree the year I moved out.

We have to spray our lights and wires with sour apple spray so the cats don't chew through them.
    Im haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast