+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your tree

Miss F, a flocked tree is one of those trees that you see that is sprayed with artificial "snow" so that it looks like a snow-covered tree...

Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    Um, can I ask a dumb question?

What is a flocked tree?
    Flocked trees lay languidly in bed and smoke cigarettes.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie

Paulie. Would it scare you if that was my first thought.

And thanks Lobeck.

Not keen on the flocked trees.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I think this will be the first year that we have an artificial tree. We've had dead live ones almost every year. We did have one a few years ago that was plantable. It is in my moms yard now, and huge

As for decorations... well, let's just say I've had three kids go through elementary school, so we have some interesting decorations

We won't be putting it up for a couple weeks yet, but I'll take a photo when we have it done.

My kids have decorated the house though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Our tree, if we put one up this year, will be coverded in kids toys. They have these small butterflies and frogs and horses that were gifts from last year and seem to all find the bottom of my feet in the middle of the night as I am going for a glass of milk. Since last years traditional, shiney, glass, ball ornaments all got plucked and crushed; I decided to string up the unbreakable critters. It should be pretty cute and it will not matter if they take them off the tree and play with them. Hehe. We have a multicolor prelit 5 footer. Decorating should be a breeze.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

FORT Fogey
    I do a tree with ornaments from my childhood and ones I have collected.. they are all some sort of nostalgic toys or old world type things.. copper cookie cutters,, etc.. white lights tons,, real tree,, red beads.. everything hung with different ribbons...
    I cover the mantle with antique toys,, big ones.. sleds,, games,, dolls,, bears,, radio flyer etc...
    Outside,, Ihave an old ( rosebud) sled,, ice skates,, wodden skiis
    etc.. you can see some of our arrangement in my av... my daughter gets some sort of Lamb ornament every year.. and a 'toy' ornament..

Then I do the straircase banister with garland, lights,, two kinds of ribbon,, popcorn and these HUGE copper cookie cutters in different shapes, and stockings stuffed with old world type things coming out.. I love it..!!!

I let my daughter do a tree too in her play room its Pink,,lol and we string all her play jewelry on it and top it off with a fluffy glittery crown..lol its so fun..
    I put out my dickens village too and we stamp brown paper and do ornaments and ribbon on the packages I love to decorate for Christmas!!!!

This is the first tree that I've put up in like 10 years....I got really motivated last night when I couldn't sleep at 1am so I got it out of my sorage and up for the most part (did more shopping today for the missing pieces). It's a small artificial tree that I've had in storage since my first apartment here in Orlando, my mom got it for me cause it was good sized yet really skinny to fit into these smaller living rooms.

In the past I've had it done in red/gold/black decorations...most of them were handmade by my mother to fit my color scheme that I tend to use....this year it's an all gold tree with white lights. In my storage bin I found these really great large sun/moon/stars paper mache ornaments that I'd bought at a clearance sale so I've got them and added to it with some new ones (still all sun/moon/stars), basic gold balls, a funky star topper, and this wire garland that has stars all along it that I strung so that it's sort of curly-q'd out of the tree and popping out all over. I also found some extra lights so I did the windows to my apartment as well.

Now the big question....how long until I come home to find my cats have torn the entire thing down??? One day and counting and they have pretty much left it alone, but I get the feeling I'll have to pick the entire tree up atleast once before Christmas.

We put the tree up Saturday. We've gotten away from colored lights, and now just do the white lights on the whole thing.

I grew up always getting a "real tree" (usually going so far as to cut it down ourselves), but a couple of years ago my wife bought a nice 7' tree in an after-Xmas sale, and we've been using that ever since. I wish I'd have switched years ago!

My step-mom gets my wife a special christmas ornament every year, with the year on it, always from someplace different. So, we've been adding those to our collection of junk we acquired over the years. I'll post a picture when it gets dark, with the digital camera I bought today!!

Our tree is up and decorated.When the wife put the lights on none of them blinked but after being plugged up for an hour now there is one strand on one side that blinks and all the others are stationary.

We have used the same ornaments for years plus every year the boys make new ones that we add to the collection..
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast