+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Radio Contests

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I won alot already . Once I called through this local DJ for three times in one night, winning a total of $300. All I had to do was to match the hour's three numbers with that of my NRIC no. Simple as ABC and it was like easy money. Besides that, I used to write in dedication to request hours at night and won some goodie bags and MTV Asia Awards tickets, twice ! Also I thought part in a McDonald's and that radio station competition called "Music Challenge". We won in the end and each of us won $550 and also $150 worth of McDonald's vouchers.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I won tickets to the Jefferson Starship concert....twice...in two years. the only two times I have ever seen that group in concert

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I've been lucky. Song of the day: $100 - and coincidentally it was my birthday.
    lots of hockey game tickets and basketball game tickets and baseball game tickets. Tons of concert tickets.

Best one ever: A whole week in Hawaii. All expenses paid. We went to a hukilau and ate poi.

I haven't tried in years, but when I was about 11 or so I won tickets to a Michael Jackson concert. My mother drove over an hour to go pick them up for me and everything and I ended up selling them to a friend cause it was the same week I'd be away at summer camp.

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    When I was about 19, there was a contest to be caller number something or other to win $25,000 if the date they announced was your birthday. Well it was my birthday but I was just one caller too late to win. I later found out that the "winner" lied about his birthday and the contest was voided, so if he hadn't called, I would've won. It took me about a month to get over it.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Quote Originally Posted by chompstick
    When I was about 19, there was a contest to be caller number something or other to win $25,000 if the date they announced was your birthday. Well it was my birthday but I was just one caller too late to win. I later found out that the "winner" lied about his birthday and the contest was voided, so if he hadn't called, I would've won. It took me about a month to get over it.
    Oh, I am so sorry Chompstick! That is horrible. What a loser, I can't believe some of the stunts people try to pull sometimes!

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    Oh, I am so sorry Chompstick! That is horrible. What a loser, I can't believe some of the stunts people try to pull sometimes!
    At first I thought you were calling me the loser. I'm thinking, "Yeah I know, don't rub it in" but then I figured out you meant the other guy.
    I support the right to arm bears.

The radio station here has 'games' on at 7:20 and 7:45 am .... so while I was on maternity leave and my husband was working nights - this was our supper time LOL
    We used to win all of the time. 7:20 was song of the day and 7:45 was Battle of the Sexes trivia.
    We've won toothbrushes :rolleyes , a fully Buckley's Cold and Flu kit - it lasted us 2 winters and we gave half of the stuff away! Lots of lunches at Subway and other local eateries. Concert tickets, golf course passes, pizza and I think that's it. We're too busy in the mornings now to call in, it was fun while it lasted.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorGirl
    When I was 9, me and my friend spent the whole afternoon calling Radio Disney and none of our calls went through.
    I used to do that too.
    Gustav Holst was right!

One time I won $50 gift certificate to a sporting goods store. I had no car so my brother drove me to pick up the GC. He got a new pair of bowling shoes for his trouble. All I wanted was a really cool flashlight. I got two of them. Hehe!

I used to work the 7pm-7am shift at a hospital. It was a desk job and the radio was always on just to keep me awake. I called in to a lot of contest. Once I won something we would change the station until I won another contest. Most of the radio stations we listened to had a "you can only win every 30-90 days" rule. Anything I did not want got passed off to the nurses I worked with. We had so much fun with that. I won tons of CDs this way.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast