+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried Proactive skin care?

Anyone tried Proactive skin care?

Both of my kids are begging me to get them this skin care system. They say they have friends who it's worked for, but it's pretty expensive and I'd like to get more feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by MollyRose
    Both of my kids are begging me to get them this skin care system. They say they have friends who it's worked for, but it's pretty expensive and I'd like to get more feedback.
    Ooh! I use this stuff and it's totally awesome!

About two years ago, when my skin started to "flare up," my cousin recommended that I try it. Within 2 days after I first used it, almost all of my pimples were gone.

It works well if you use it regularly, but I do admit that it's pretty expensive. You don't need to order the entire set, the Renewing Cleanser by itself works fine. I think it's about $20 per bottle if you order them separately.
    Gustav Holst was right!

FORT Regular
    It's awesome!! I've been using i for a while now and I love it.

I've heard it's good, I haven't used it myself though.

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    I have a nephew with horrible acne, he tried ProActiv and it worked really well. He didn't have the money for a second set, so he tried a cheaper, generic counterpart that I picked up for him at Wal-Mart. (I used to work there for a while.) It worked even better than the ProActiv stuff.

Now, for the life of me, I cannot remember the name of it. It was named something like ActivSolutions, ActivSource...it had the "Activ" word in it.

I bet the major drug retailers (Walgreens, Longs, RiteAid, etc) carry one that is comparable and is less expensive than the ProActiv brand-name.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

The Walmart version is called "ProAcne", and I think it works pretty well...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

DOMESTIC GODDESS realitycrazmom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    The Walmart version is called "ProAcne", and I think it works pretty well...
    That's it! Thanks oneTVslave!

The ProActiv stuff cleared up most of his acne, but the ProAcne got rid of it completely.

Oh, and there was about a 4-month lapse from when he ran out of one and started up the other.
    If I'd been a ranch, they would have named me The Bar None~~ Gilda

My daughter started using Pro Active a few years ago. She was so pleased with it that she got it for her teenage daughter and her nephew (my grandson). I can tell when he runs out because it's like his face gets bad almost over night. I have told him to always tell me so I can go get it for him. Thanks for telling about the Walmart brand. We have a Walmart about five miles away. The mall is about twenty-five miles. Thanks again.

I found this information here. It's at the bottom of the page.

Wal-mart and other stores have pulled ProAcne off of their shelves due to some "issues" which do not have anything to do with the quality of the product itself. The product will be returning to these stores very soon. The same formula that was packaged and sold as "ProAcne" will be sold under the new name "AcneFree."
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

I was just thinking when reading about ProAcne what a hilarious name. Basically the name ProAcne is suggesting that it will surely make your skin to suffer from acne, not heal it. I am glad they have come to a decision to change the name

Sounds like a good product otherwise
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast