+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Funny/Weird/Crazy Dreams?

I sometimes dream about floating down old brown stairs and the falling when I reach the bottom. It's like I'm sleeping peacefully almost awake and then BOOM! I fall and wake up.

Is this turning into my personal dream journal; my dreams are all weird!
    This time dreamed that I went to visit a high school friend, but they no longer lived at that house. Instead, I was invited in by a very nice family who took me into the back yard to see their collection of (real, live) turtles, all the large kinds.
    Big alligator snapping turtle, giant Galopagos tortoise, etc. They even had a pond that contained a huge sea turtle.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I have nightmares every night, since I can remember. Seriously. I can usually remember the dreams in the morning, but sometimes I wake up sort of hyperventilating and knowing the dream was really bad, but not remembering the content. I know, creepy...

A lot of my dreams either involve someone chasing me, or fire. Or both. Anyone know what that means? Or of any links that have to do with dream interpretation?
    Hi averagejane,

I am sorry to hear about your nightmares.

I have never found any dream interpretation links that I thought were very good...Generally, the more details you can remember, the better (I know that sometimes you would rather forget...). Colors, smells, where events happen, characters, the "tone" and the "scene" of the dream - all of this is very important. There are books that will list general interpretations about what scenarios or symbols mean, but they *can* mean different things to different people culturally or individually (I think snakes are a good example), or as your life situation changes, too.

If you have the same dream recurrently, your subconscious is definitely trying to tell you something important: that it recurs indicates that the dilemma, situation, conflict is unresolved. What you've said does seem to indicate fear (being chased and also waking up as you do); it might be helpful for you if you right down as many details about your dream as you can the next time, as soon as you wake up. This not only helps you to flesh out the details for that particular dream, it also helps train your mind towards doing dreamwork. Freewriting around what you remember is helpful, too. YOu might check out some books in your library's Jungian/Analytical/Depth Psychology area. These books would describe some of the pretty universal (archetypal) symbols as well as guide you in the process of dream interpretation, because the dreamer is seen as *ultimately* being the person who will have the greatest insight into what it all means. But it also helps to explore with someone else, too.

Good luck!

FORT Fan
    I did a semester long project on dreams for school, and I remember reading that it helps to tell yourself (out loud) that you will remember your dreams right before you go to bed. You should also try to replay the dream a couple of times in your mind. You should also be aware that if you find yourself thinking "and then I did this, but I don't remeber why" or "then I was in this new place, but I don't remember going there" that its likely that your mind joined two different dreams together to try to create cohesiveness. That's about all I can remember about it...other than what libra4 posted.
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

FORT Fogey
    I had the oddest dream a few nights ago. So I was standing with a girl from my soccer team in front of our school when some random guy comes and beats her up. I ask him why, and he says it was because she was wearing white which means she was in the rival gang. Okay... So then I go to English class and my teacher starts to beat me up. See, my teacher is like 4'8'' and must be a size 2. She is tiny. But anyways so she's beating me up because I'm in a different gang than her, but she can't hurt me because she's so small . So I basically just start pounding on her. And then we were transported to the mall (dreams are so odd that way) and then she was the owner of a rival store but we were still fighting. And then I woke up.

I guess you have to know my teacher to know why I want to beat her up. She treats us like we're 5. For example, when we were reading Romeo and Juliet, she would stop every 5 lines and explain it, even if it was something obvious like "Wherefore art thou Romeo?" Ugh.

I did a term paper on dreams in high school and one of the best tips I found for remembering dreams was to keep a pencil and some paper on your night stand so you could write it down as soon as you wake up.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey
    I did a semester long project on dreams for school, and I remember reading that it helps to tell yourself (out loud) that you will remember your dreams right before you go to bed. You should also try to replay the dream a couple of times in your mind. You should also be aware that if you find yourself thinking "and then I did this, but I don't remeber why" or "then I was in this new place, but I don't remember going there" that its likely that your mind joined two different dreams together to try to create cohesiveness. That's about all I can remember about it...other than what libra4 posted.
    Yes, that's all very helpful. For me, personally, I also find that I remember best if I replay the dream through my mind before I start moving - I just lie still for a minute and commit as much as I can to memory.

I had a dream last year that I met Clay Aiken and I was so excited and was trying to find my camera so that I could have my picture taken with him, I couldn't find it so I asked him to come to my house and he said that he would. I am 35 years old! All I can tell you is that it was very unusual. I didn't even know I liked Clay Aiken. Very weird.

I also woke up one morning from dreaming that Reichen and Chip won the Amazing Race, that was after only episode 3 or 4. I was so happy when they actually did win.
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

FORT Fogey
    I had a dream about Finding Nemo last night. So I was a clownfish and I had a little fishy egg with me. I wanted to cross over this bridge to get to the other body of water. So I took the egg (which looked a lot like a sperm, I must say) and I flopped onto the bridge. But then some guy stepped on me and I lost my egg. The guy picked me up and put me into the Monterey Bay Aquarium with a bunch of other fishies. But I hated it there so I floated up to the top and pretended I was dead. But then I looked up and there was my baby fish(it had obviously hatched) except half of it was broken from when we got stepped on. So I got really happy but then, the workers cleaned up all the dead fish at the top and I was taken away from my "Nemo". And then I woke up. How depressing

*thread-jack*

to Pinkie! Haven't seen you in a while (but maybe that's just me not looking hard enough). Hi anyway!

*back to your normally scheduled thread*
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast