+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone from DC?

FORT Fogey

Anyone from DC?

I am going to be in DC next week for 12 days.. anyone from the area? I have been before and done all the monument, Smithsonian things but anyone have some off the beaten path suggestions?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    If I knew my husband's new girlfriend's name (she lives there), I'd give it to you and you could call and chat with her. I know I'd like to give her a call. I know that wasn't exactly the most polite thing I could say, but I saw "DC" and it just tossed me over the edge. Sorry.

lol...that was one of the funniest things I have heard today

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    If I knew my husband's new girlfriend's name (she lives there), I'd give it to you and you could call and chat with her. I know I'd like to give her a call. I know that wasn't exactly the most polite thing I could say, but I saw "DC" and it just tossed me over the edge. Sorry.
    Well JD on your behalf I would be more than happy to have a "chat" with her.. heck your welcome to join in a three way call if you like. Wouldn't that be a good one... 'oh hi, um Jd gave me your name said you would be good to call while I was in the area" but then I didn't want to see the places low dwelling pond scum frequent, so excuse me for calling! Then I could go pee in her car for you too!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Well JD on your behalf I would be more than happy to have a "chat" with her.. heck your welcome to join in a three way call if you like. Wouldn't that be a good one... 'oh hi, um Jd gave me your name said you would be good to call while I was in the area" but then I didn't want to see the places low dwelling pond scum frequent, so excuse me for calling! Then I could go pee in her car for you too!

hee hee - what a fun call that would be. Thanks for the chuckle.

If you like old lovely homes firegirl, There is a home/museum called Dumbartion Oaks in Georgetown. But this may not be the best weather for it, I visited in summer and not only loved the house but the grounds were wonderful (this was a while ago, I need to get back to DC) Actually I liked the whole Georgetown area. Plus, (I'm really going to kill the spelling on that one) If you are interested in Civil War History, the battle field for Masseuses (or Bull Run) is near by in Virgina. My Uncle John has worked very hard with that area trying to keep the battlefield safe, there is a nice little history area but that can be a bit of a drive.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Dupont Circle is always a fun place to hang out. There's a cool bar down there (I think it's like on D St, but I'm not sure) called The Brickskellar. They have over 800 beers from around the world. Go to the downstairs part not the upstairs part.

If it were spring I would also suggest going to the top of The Washington Hotel. The closest metro station to it is Metro Center. It's a restaurant that overlooks the White House.

Old Town Alexandria is also very nice and you can reach it by metro. Have fun!
    Who shot who in the what now?

I don't know DC Firegirl, but I hope you have fun!

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar
    I'm from the DC area. I'll rack my brain and let you know. This isn't an engagement trip, is it?? Maybe he's trying to trick you into thinking it's going to be out of the country, when surprise!
    I support the right to arm bears.

FORT Fogey
    Well, it is a med meeting for him but then he sort of did the "hey why don't we just stay another four or five days thru Valentines and have fun" so I am thinking we will be going on from there to where ever... I will let you know!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast