+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worm/bug

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Not true, Bill. I had two emails with this bug in my yahoo account today. Granted, it was in the bulk mail, but it was there nonetheless. The first time the sender was my exact email address...
    I doubt there'd be any problem even if you open the bug email so long as it's on Yahoo's server.

Moreover:
    (1) I don't look thru my bulk/spam folder; I usually just empty it occassionally along with the trash.
    (2) If the sender is "my exact email address", that's a dead give away it's spam. It would be deleted and expunged, without being opened.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Jewelsy, if you've updated yuor virus definitions, it will catch it and strip it out of your e-mail.

I think that your virus program would alert you, if you have that capability.

I've gotten it twice today in my yahoo bulk mail box.

So if you get a virus via email, will it only open through an attachment? I've been getting the Microsoft "use this patch immediately" for weeks, probably 30 times in my bulk mail.

Don't these virus creators have anything better to do with their time? I'm scared to open anything with an attachment these days.

I got many messages yesterday and the best one was today with the title something like this "avsrule@redwings.....something", like how the heck to they know I'm a hockey fan, I didn't open it though cuz I never open anything with unknown addresses, I just thought this was weird. Me fellow hockey FORTers, watch out!

Quote Originally Posted by glennajo
    Don't these virus creators have anything better to do with their time?
    They often create viruses for profits, not just for fun.

Besides messing up your computer, the viruses also open a back door to your computer. An expert hacker can then remotely control your computer, accessing passwords and credit card numbers.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Oh, now I know. I always thought the hackers "had nothing else better to do".

Quote Originally Posted by Bill747
    They often create viruses for profits, not just for fun.

Besides messing up your computer, the viruses also open a back door to your computer. An expert hacker can then remotely control your computer, accessing passwords and credit card numbers.
    Oh, that's good. I needed something else to worry about.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    We heard about this virus all day long in school. We weren't aloud to open any e-mails with attachments or log-on to the network. www.channelone.com reported a lot during the news today. It was very informative.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

It's slowing down, as people disinfect their computers. Wednesday, I received almost 4,000 e-mails. Yesterday was down to around 2,700. Today looks like it's slowing down even more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast