+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TiVo!

I don't know if this is a feature on TiVo units, but one thing that I do with my Ultimate TV is set reminders for myself without recording the show. It allows me to just have it remind me, or remind me AND tune to the channel of the show I want to remember.

I use it most effectively every morning....I have it set to remind and tune to my morning news broadcast, so when I wake up in the morning, I flip on the tv, and I have weather and traffic updates every 10 minutes. A nice feature.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Pam, you should look into the Home Media option. I think it's $90 one-time fee, and it allows you to use your computer's wireless network to share recorded data from one TiVo to another in the house. So if you have "The Bachelorette" in the living room, but want to watch it in the bedroom, you can.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Pam, you should look into the Home Media option. I think it's $90 one-time fee, and it allows you to use your computer's wireless network to share recorded data from one TiVo to another in the house. So if you have "The Bachelorette" in the living room, but want to watch it in the bedroom, you can.

Oh this just keeps getting better and better

http://www.tivo.com/4.9.7.asp

It's $99, sorry. Oh, and dang, it's per TiVo unit. That sucks.

Multi-Room Viewing lets you transfer recordings between TiVo Series2 DVRs in your home -- it's almost like having one giant Now Playing list! Now you can record a program on your living room DVR and watch it on your bedroom DVR!*

You can see one DVR on the Now Playing list of another.

Are the kids using the downstairs TV? Watch your favorite recordings on the upstairs TV with Multi-Room Viewing.

Multi-Room Viewing is available exclusively on TiVo Series2 DVRs. To transfer recordings between two DVRs, each must have active TiVo service under the same account name, and must be on the same home network. Home Media Option must be purchased seperately for each DVR.
    Some other features of the HMO: You can play MP3's from your computer, if it's on the wireless network. You can remotely program your TiVo's via the web. You can show photos from your computer on the wireless network.

I was just looking it up--I don't think it is available for the DirecTV units either. We even have the right wireless Linksys network at the ready. Oh well. We're pretty well set with 3 boxes, anyway!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I checked out my cable company (Comcast) and they're supposed to launch a Tivo-like product in a couple of months. I can't wait. I'm not sure how many hours of recordable time is offered, but I think it's like $10 or so a month. Sheesh - you can't beat that. The rep I spoke with also said they'd be having some type of promotion where the installation would be free.

Can't wait.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    I have no idea what you just said ineedalife, but I'm pretty sure I'm not in the same predicament... I just don't understand any of this technical language...
    I know. I had to actually do some research when I bought all the High Definition stuff a year ago....sort of like the Tweeter commercials when they show monster cable and all the ports-it makes you . Oh well, I was hoping that someone would actually still live in the somewhat dark ages of "no satellite/digital cable" like I do, but with TIVO and the newer high def TV's.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStarSpur
    Link: Explorer 8000 DVR/HDTV box begins rollout

Can't wait to get me one of these.

-Randy
    By George LSS, you may have just answered my earlier question! Now, next question....will I have to be a friggin' Time Warner customer to get one of these babies? Or, if not, how much deniro?

Oh well-there may be hope yet for high definition.

Very Proud Grandpa! LoneStarSpur's Avatar
    More than likely all cable companies will have some version of that box. I'm pretty certain TWC doesn't actually make them. Satellite's a different story. HD is a bandwidth hog and I don't know how much a typical satellite has.

I'm thinking that by the end of the year, maybe sooner, they'll be pretty widely available.

-Randy
    'And it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive.'
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I'm curious... do y'all see a noticeable difference with the high definition TV? I'm wondering if it would even be worth it for me. I do know that when I watch a DVD, I can see it much better than, for instance, regular TV or a video.

Any input on this?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread