+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Family Thanksgiving updates

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

Family Thanksgiving updates

Okay, we all know family gatherings are either fun, funny or a disaster.

So share your stories as they happen, in a Virtual FORT Thanksgiving story

It's already started at my house. I have the apple pie in the oven baking and Mr. BF and my dad are talking about....BOAT RACING! B...O...R...I...N...G

They don't seem interested in talking to me about The Amazing Race, so thank goodness for the FORT!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I'm in the doghouse because I'm still at work. I should be home getting the Thanksgiving holiday underway. Soon, soon...
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Well, my brother Jeff and his wife Caitlyn are in town. Currently, they're visiting some of Jeff's friends though.

Hayley (my sister) and I are already in commission, the turkey is in the oven and later we're going to get started on some pies.

And later, we're going to a Thanksgiving service at my church.

Well, I'm about to head home and start my part of the cooking (Joey's mom is doing the turkey, dressing, and green salad; I'm doing vegetables and dessert). I'm going to try and get as much done tonight as I can so tomorrow won't be quite as frantic...

My savior = HoneyBaked Ham Company
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

If we have any good debates or anything tomorrow I'll let you know I think I heard Mr. BF and dad start to talk about this story they just heard on Fox News about Condoleezza Rice and Hilary Clinton running against each other in 2008!

Time to pull out the taboo topics list!!

I just got through mixing up the batter for 48 baked chocolate tarts.Now my arm is too tired to do anything else right now.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

48!? Geez! How many people are coming for dinner???

Thanksgiving is a many tiered affair around here.Its off to lunch at the inlaws family so we have to take food there and then my family comes to our house for dinner.So between the inlaws and outlaws its quite a few mouths to feed.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

We'll just be going out for restaurant food this year. The reservations are already made, so there won't be any Turkey Day work I need to attend to this year. It's kind of a relief actually, things have been a little hectic this year. I just hope now that the holidays are among us my parents don't get all sentimental and start doing the wedding bell probe again. I think they were a little dissappointed that we didn't get married this last October. That ought to be a fun topic at the dinner table, eh?
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast