+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Family Thanksgiving updates

Had a great time with my brother's fiancee's family. I even pulled taffy. Never done that before in my life. Not surprisingly, I was terrible at it. My future sister-in-law and I were the last ones still trying to get our taffy to have the right color and consistency. We were the laughingstocks.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Pulling taffy sounds like fun!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Isn't pulling your taffy more a private thing?

Just kidding. I've never had the experience, but it does sound like fun!

I'm a bit late, but hope everyone ended up having a great day!! I managed to get invited tons of places, but the one person I actually wanted to spend the day with came thru at the last second for me so I spent the entire evening at the most drunken turkey dinner I've ever been to with him and his roommates and their families. Nothing like just arriving and eating and getting sloshed...this is definitely the way to go!! Well ok almost the way to go...must remember next time not to mix so many drinks cause today was horrible!!

@ libra1022
    Yeah, those day afters are a killer!
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

Originally posted by John
    Isn't pulling your taffy more a private thing?

Just kidding. I've never had the experience, but it does sound like fun!
    John, I am sorry no one has ever pulled your taffy with you. There are some really good self-help books out there.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Note to self: "Taffy Pulling for Dummies" will make perfect Christmas gift for Paulie.

Thanksgiving was great. My mom even managed not to go ballistic when my cousin called and said he and his family would be 90 minutes late! (Trust me, that was a minor miracle.) I ate myself into a coma per tradition. By the time we got our son home we were exhausted and actually went to bed at 8PM. I'm soooo old!

The next day was Thanksgiving at my in-laws' house in Estes Park. My fil and I had a good laugh about his new neighbors. Why on Earth if you live in a place where watching a herd of elk walk through your yard is commonplace would you put a tacky FAKE deer in your front yard?!!! My fil said "Yeah, that might have to disappear one of these nights. Or I might just have to shoot it." Ah, to be married into a family of Texans...

My son got to meet Santa (a little freaky for him) and ride shetland ponies - which he loved! I was kicking myself for forgetting the camera - AUGH!!!!

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of the holiday weekend.

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Wayner
    My fil and I had a good laugh about his new neighbors. Why on Earth if you live in a place where watching a herd of elk walk through your yard is commonplace would you put a tacky FAKE deer in your front yard?!!! My fil said "Yeah, that might have to disappear one of these nights. Or I might just have to shoot it." Ah, to be married into a family of Texans...
    Nothing better, Wayner. Nothing better. This Appalachian transplant had a great time with her new Texas family this year, just as last year. Can't wait til Christmas. Mr. Eden and I went shopping today and knocked just about all of it out ... a first for me in an actual mall (do most of my shopping online, can you believe it?)

And, Kylie, I completely agree about the need for the "I'm so stuffed, I'm exploding" emoticon! John ... we need one (well, at least I do!)

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving or a great Thursday. I'm thankful for all you guys!

Originally posted by Eden
    Nothing better, Wayner. Nothing better. This Appalachian transplant had a great time with her new Texas family this year, just as last year. Can't wait til Christmas.

I'm thankful for all you guys!
    Eden, even though you were not born in Texas; I am sure you are glad to be home!

I could not have said it better myself! I am thankful for all you guys!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    mine was nice, wife went to visit her son for dinner and then she has a dog agility compitition the next 3 days around the corner from there. i stayed home and made a rock cornish game hen and sweet potatos and veggies. then right before the hen was finished cooking, i had to run to the school and reset the alarm system which had gone off for no reason. that put me 90 minutes behind my dinner time. that game hen went down fast, was not a pretty site. at least for the young that is

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast