+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Family Thanksgiving updates

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I made the apple pie yesterday and bought the honey baked ham -- it's ready to go.

So sweet potatoes, cornbread stuffing, green beans and rolls are all I have to do! See, I even have time to visit the FORT
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Fogey
    We have to all get up real early to slap the turkey before it goes in the oven.. don't ask why I don't know I just do it ,, Ihave done it since I was a small child... So, now we all just did it and so did all the grand kids.. good thing we have turkey and not those little hens or else they might be knocked into next week..lol
    So we have 4 grandkids, 4 dogs,, and two of the youngest ( one mine) had their birthdays too , so it is absolute chaos here.. they are all chanting about having a 'feast' today because they have seen Harry Potter and they saw a feast on there.. oh geeze.. Help us!!Hope our little dog makes it thru and not onto some plate..be back later,, I think my daughter is chasing her cousin with lipstick,,,

Happy Thanksgiving!

I just got out of a Chat with my missionary cousins in Africa. It is hot and humid there and they are baking a chicken for the feast. I am not that attached to foul for Thanksgiving. i would have celebrated with icecream! The had to catch, kill, pluck and stuff they chicken first. Hehe!

Well, I am off to get the family all sparkly for the day! Have fun!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

All this talk of turkey is making me wish I could have some. Maybe some Swiss Chalet on the way home!

Have a great day.. Poor Bravo, stop by if you need to.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Woke up, had a family breakfast (for those in the family still at home.
    Than cleaned out the garage, hung up the bikes for the season.

Cleaned and chopped stuff for the Turkeys stuffing.

Daughter and boyfriend arrived moments ago (I like this kid...)

While the turkey is in the oven wife and others are pulling out the christmas tree and ornaments. the BF got roped into helping them..I couldn't save him! Well I could have but it's every man for himself!
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

Hope you have a wonderful day everyone.
    Just think, in less than a month you'll be doing it all again for Christmas.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

We just finished lunch and now my beloved husband (have I mentioned how awesome he is lately?) has taken my father away...they are on some type of "dude excursion" leaving me with some much needed alone time to finish writing a few things
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Hope everyone is having a great day, whether you're celebrating Thanksgiving or not!

MenInUniform
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!

It's been a while since I've posted. I've just been really busy getting ready for Thanksgiving and all.

In our family we always have Thanksgiving Lunch. I made a Caramel Apple Cheesecake for the 1st time. Turned out pretty good. And I made a Swiss Vegetable medley, which everybody liked. That was the 2nd time I made it. No fights or arguments at all. That usually happens on Christmas, with the same sister every single year. It's just not Christmas if she's not in a bad mood. If she's in a good mood you have to say to yourself, this isn't right. What's wrong with today? Something's missing. LOL But we get thru it pretty good, she's the only party pooper.

Anyway, back to today. I found out from my sister and brother-in-law, when my brother-in-law said what he was thankful for this year, that 2 weeks ago my 15 yr. old niece was in a roll over accident when a car ran a stop sign and hit her and her friends. She was very lucky and just came out of it with 2 bruises. All her friends are ok too.

I'm thankful she and her friends are ok. I'm also thankful that my dad is still alive. Last year a week before Christmas he had a heart attack and another one Christmas night and a quadruple bypass on Dec. 26th and we weren't sure if he was going to make it. He looked really weak and aged very fast months after the surgery. I am very thankful he's getting stronger all the time and looks good.

dar

Daughter and boyfriend arrived moments ago (I like this kid...)
    That's the spirit, Perc!

WHEW! This is my first spare minute all day.

Let's see, this morning the BF and I went to the Macy's TGDay Parade- but it was really cold, and we didn't stay nearly the whole time. Then we both went to our own houses for a while.

My parents and the BF's parents met today for the first time. And........they LOVED each other. Life is good.
    Plus, the BF escaped the house without being beat up by my older brother or uncles.

Spent alot of the day on baby duty! My little niece Sara is 9 months old. She's such a cutie.

And I'm not eating again for about a week. Where is the stuffed/bloated emoticon when you need it?

Oh, and we only touched on ONE taboo topic all day: medicaid/welfare (people who have it and don't need it, people who really need it and don't have it) ......... :rolleyes

Overall, I had a great day! Hope all of you did too!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast