+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Family Thanksgiving updates

Boat racing? Which kind....Powered or sail? It makes all the difference, BF!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    They are talking about the America's Cup race.

Of course, I think they have switched now to mutual funds....I keep getting bits and pieces as I walk in and out -- seem to keep coming back to the FORT though
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

BF, America's Cup racing is perfectly acceptable discussion topic for any occasion. In fact, I expect I'll be discussing it tomorrow as well, with my family.

There's never a bad time to talk about sailboat races. Sydney-Hobart, America's Cup, Chicago-Mac, Volvo Ocean Race, NOODs, etc. They're all good

Happy Turkey Day everyone!

Um, I WISH they were still talking about America's Cup.

The last half hour we have hit every taboo topic there is including abortion and now I have had to leave the room as there is a huge debate going on about baptism. Oh, this is going to be a LONG weekend.....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Zhora- Wow, good plan. We really need to adopt that over here. I'll have to bring that up as a suggestion on Friday.

Poor Bravo- I feel for you! Hate when they get into thoe topics! I have an uncle who ALWAYS seems to bring up the controversial stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!
    Just in from church, and realized just how much I have to be thankful for this year.

P.S. - this thread is my official "escape from the family"

P.S. - this thread is my official "escape from the family"
    The FORT - the hidden escape

We were supposed to have Thanksgiving dinner at my brother's house, but his oven stopped working so the dinner has been moved to my place. I have to work on Thanksgiving Day. One phrase: Data Processing. Ugh... Anyway, it's actually a plus for me because all I have to do is come home and enjoy the party.

My mom and dad just arrived tonight, and my brothers, their wives, their kids, my sister, her husband, and her kids will all be at the Thanksgiving dinner. That's 11 adults and 7 kids, plus my dog.

Sleeping with George W
    I made a HUGE pumpkin cheesecake last night, so my work is done. Mr. Eden is at this moment making his famous bbq ribs and when they're done, we're outta here!

Have a GREAT day everybody!!!

I don't have to do anything except travel today. 2 families, each within 30 miles of here. And even the timing works out well.

I think it's a first for a holiday, where everyone in the family on both sides finally agreed on things.

Y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and if you're in Canada, I hope you have a great Thursday!

Well, the turkey's being made, potatoes are being peeled, and veggies are being chopped. A bunch of family is coming over to my house, and, boy oh boy, it's gonna be fun! I hope everyone has an excellent holiday and enjoys their meals!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!!!

And to my Canadian friends here, I hope you all have a great day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast