+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fashion police

Low rise jeans that are too tight and make your hips look square/non-existent.
    Pants with writing on the butt.
    Pastel sweat suits
    Small shirts on large girls, especially when it makes you wonder if a 12 year old is pregnant or just has an enormous gut.
    Super short SHORT shorts, especially on a girl with no butt or a cottage cheese butt/thigh combo
    Ill-fitting clothes, in general. (Anyone know why Old Navy only sells jeans in even sizes? I blame them for all the young girls walking around the mall in ill-fitting clothes. I am NOT a 4. I am NOT a 6. I am a 5, gosh darnit!)
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

Terena, I used to work in fashion, and in the garment industry, even numbers are used for "women's sizes" whereas odd numbers indicate "juniors".

It's tough to standardize fit, but 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, and so on should be roughly equivalent. If you fit a 5 in juniors, you should be buying a 6 in women's.

I'm pretty open to people's fashion choices. As long as the look suits your body & personality, you can where any trend or style you like. I just have one, single caveat: In this day and age there is NO reason to have panty lines. Either wear a thong or buy pants a size up. And if you're wearing white or light colored pants or a skirt wear a nude, not white, pair of panties, they won't show through.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fogey
    don't know if it has been said yet, but no one should ever be allowed to wear stirrup pants again. Hideous and it looks like your about to be a two legged sling shot!

Glitter makeup of any kind
    Amen to that. It drives me crazy.

Curse you judgmental people!! *shakin' fist in air* I'm sitting here in my baggy low-rider bell bottoms, thong showing, six inch white pumps, with "tastiness" written across my ass and I'm weaping.

What happened to tha love? What happened to humanity??? *sigh*

Okay, keepin' it "real"..I'll add one thing: velour jogging suits. All I can say is "whaaaa?" And if you have one, eat your velour-lovin' heart out and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. It's just not for me, and honestly I think it makes a person look like a shiny little sleep walker. (But if you're wearing one right now...never mind..."you look mahvelous." )
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

I'm sorry, Shazzer, since I've had my back injury, I've lived in velour jogging suits. They're the only thing I can comfortably wear, especially to all my physical therapy sessions. And they're just a little bit nicer than wearing sweats out of the house, and just as comfy. I think I have every color Juicy Couture makes. I'm just glad I got hurt while this trend is still in fashion.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    ....no butt or a cottage cheese butt/thigh combo
    Thanks for the image!

I hear you on the size thing, but as a guy for me it would be in jeans, etc. I think I could use an odd number in most (like 33 or 35 length as opposed to 34 or 36), but they are hard to find. So the choice in most brands is either too short so you look like a putz, or too long so you drag the bottom through every puddle you walk through.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    caveat: In this day and age there is NO reason to have panty lines. Either wear a thong or buy pants a size up. And if you're wearing white or light colored pants or a skirt wear a nude, not white, pair of panties, they won't show through.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
    I agree. I'm too big to wear a thong plus I have no intention of "getting used to it" but properly sized panties should not show a line. Even under thin clothes the 'microfiber' kind don't show. I have another peeve in this area though. I hate to see a woman wearing a thong and it's obvious, because the pants are riding so far into the crack! Get a size larger pants, or get the "tall" size if it happens because you're longwaisted. It seems to me people will put up with anything to avoid getting a larger size clothes. Folks, we can't see the size tags from outside. But we can see the ill fit! The same applies to skirts and tops so tight that they look like sausage skins!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Curse you judgmental people!! *shakin' fist in air* I'm sitting here in my baggy low-rider bell bottoms, thong showing, six inch white pumps, with "tastiness" written across my ass and I'm weaping.

What happened to tha love? What happened to humanity??? *sigh*

Okay, keepin' it "real"..I'll add one thing: velour jogging suits. All I can say is "whaaaa?" And if you have one, eat your velour-lovin' heart out and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. It's just not for me, and honestly I think it makes a person look like a shiny little sleep walker. (But if you're wearing one right now...never mind..."you look mahvelous." )

I have a really cute littel baby baby pink one and it isn't shiny at all, and I love it!!!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Anything that Paris Hilton wears. Can't she use her money to hire a stylist or something?

+ Reply to Thread