+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fashion police

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I hate to see people overdress, especially girls, revealing their bellies and what have you not, or in extremely short shorts, and that's not the problem, if you have fats, please don't flaunt it ! :nono

I thought of another one...I hate to see guys wearing Bermuda shorts with the long tube socks.

And high water pants. Ack.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I hate socks with sandals.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Boots, esp. cowboy boots, with skirts.
    The kind of belt where the end is loose.
    "Frat boys", etc. that all dress alike, with the same pants or shorts, same type of shirt, same hats, same haircuts, etc.
    Jeans that look like they haven't been worn yet and are stiff.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Those J.Lo hats.
    The friggin' gray or tan sweatpants with words written on the seat.
    Tight, see-through clothes.
    Cargo pants pulled all the way down.

And don't kill me for saying this, but I think Puma sneakers are hideous.

Should be banned:

Leggings & stirrup pants (yes, I still see people wearing these hideous things!)

Trucker hats

Low-rider pants that are so low that I'm sure pubic areas need to be shaved in order to wear them!
    Also the thong sticking out the top of the jeans (usually worn in conjunction with the aforementioned low-riders). Not a classy look at all, IMO!

Pants so big that they can fit two people in them. Buy some that fit for crying out loud!

"80's" hair on women - i.e. - permed hair, "pom-pom" boufant thing in the front. Also, overly bleached hair. Yuck.

I also hate long hair on guys. That is so over! Waaaay out of style!

Mullets should be banned for anyone. So should rat-tails. I actually see people with these still. How sad!

And also as someone mentioned, the socks with sandals thing. Fortunately, I don't see much of this anymore!

Eyebrows that have been plucked away to nothing, then penciled in. Way harsh looking!

Dark lip liner & light (or no) lipstick.

Shorts that are so short the wearer's ass cheeks hang out the bottom. Trashy!

Mini-skirts that are so short that there is no way the person can sit or bend without flashing ass.
    Thanks Mariah for that one

I also think it is really inappropriate for 12-year olds to be wearing skimpy skin-tight tops, ESPECIALLY with "sexy", "heartbreaker", "bad girl", etc written on them. What are their parents thinking? I know kids will sneak & change their outfits sometimes, but I see too many girls like this for them to all be doing it.

That's all I can think of right now. I know there's more.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    top of the list:
    White dress shoes! (sneakers and some (few) sandals are sometimes acceptable), but please, please not pumps!
    baggy pants.
    Professional ladies' suits with no stockings - very tacky.
    Casual Friday has gone way too far - a professional should look like a professional.
    I love long hair on men, but it's not fashionable - especially a mullet - (one exception, however )
    And, I agree, if you are too fat, or even mildly over weight, cover yourself up. No one wants to see your blubber squishing out of your jeans and a jelly roll out from under your seemingly fashionable tank.

I haven't decided yet on the new pregnant styles: Tank tops and skirts below the belly. It's very sweet to be pregnant and proud of it, but ... I don't know if I want to see an inside out navel. Still on the fence about that one.
    Last edited by J.D.; 01-17-2004 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    top of the list:
    I haven't decided yet on the new pregnant styles: Tank tops and skirts below the belly. It's very sweet to be pregnant and proud of it, but ... I don't know if I want to see an inside out navel. Still on the fence about that one.
    I hate that look!

I also agree on the white pump thing & dressing appropriately for your size!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I like the whole layering thing...but some people go overboard.

Whoo Hoo its my 500th POST!!!!! :tri plets

Last edited by Tallulahbaby; 01-17-2004 at 04:47 PM.
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    The friggin' gray or tan sweatpants with words written on the seat.
    I bought some sweats for my three-year-old in Target and didn't realize until I put them on her they had writing on the hinder. Come on, she's 3! At least it doesn't say "juicy" or something like that, it says "genuine" but I feel like a fool when she wears them, like I make sure my daughter has the latest trendy clothing. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    And don't kill me for saying this, but I think Puma sneakers are hideous.
    You die now!!!! I'm just kidding, I would hope no one's that invested in their Pumas to wish you harm.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread