+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adopting a Cat, but having trouble deciding..

Adopting a Cat, but having trouble deciding..

Okay, so I'm not having too much trouble deciding. We went to the Foster House for these Cats (through a rescue organization) yesterday so I could "meet" this little darling:

Calli Kisses (the tri-color calico Sleeping)

And she will be gracing our home in the next two weeks! But, while there we met some other kitties in need of a home, and my Roomie has decided to adopt as well, but she's torn between these two little darlings:

Dickens (the black kitty)

or

Tac (the white and caramel kitty)

Since she feels two cats in the house are enough for right now (although I threaten to adopt Dickens as well if she doesn't), and we're both big softies when it comes to cutie-pies like these.....I guess we're polling for opinions. So all help and comments shall be appreciated (yes, even those from Dog People who say, "Don't like cats, get a dog instead." )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm a little too rough, but it's too late to be good

Tac *made a mistake*

Leo
    Premium Member
    Tac.

Both.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

I have three cats. I think you should get all of them.

They are sooooo cute!
    Who shot who in the what now?

I'd take Dickens, but only because I had a black cat once, Touki.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I'm seriously swinging back and forth from, me adopting both Calli and Dickens to the logic (which usually sounds a lot like my roomies voice) that says, one cat is enough for you for now...

But last night I was IM'ing with both my brother and one of my college friends, and both offered me money to "help" with Dickens adoption, so that was a major guilt trip on me....I could swing the adoption fees for both, and just tighten the budget a little for a couple of weeks, (We're moving into a larger place that's finally pet friendly, hence the new adoptees, and with paying for the move and a rent increase, they were asking me if it was finances that were hindering me from adopting two instead of one...which it's not) I'm just trying to be practical.

I haven't had a pet in almost 8 years (unless boyfriends count), and on one hand I tell myself, get Calli and if Dickens is meant to be with you he'll be there in a couple of weeks and once you evaluate the situation and determine if three are feasible, you can go back and get him. But on the other hand, I'm the biggest push over and when that little Black Fuzzball decided to give my hand a bathe (after he'd finishes cleaning his paws), the "awww" factor jumped to a dangerous spike....and of course I felt the desire to take both...the one who gave me kisses and the one who decided my hand was an extension of his...

I'm pretty sure when I walked into that house all of those cats could sense "Easy Target" on me..... As well as on my Roomie, who ventured with me...and is now debating which one she should adopt...Tac (whom I believe she felt a bond with, because he claimed her lap and refused to leave) or Dickens (who had a fetish for sitting on our feet and babying us). She had a third one that she was also debating with but did narrow it down to Black or White.....

I still say, "Let's get all three".....which gets me a look of "ARE YOU CRAZY??" from her.....

Last edited by WyldeChylde77; 01-16-2004 at 10:13 AM.
    I'm a little too rough, but it's too late to be good

If you can swing the adoption fees, I say both. I've been the owner of anywhere from 1-6 () indoor cats at a time. Now, there is a HUGE difference between one cat and six, but there isn't much of a difference between having two cats or three. You don't buy too much more food or litter than you would be buying anyway.

I'll be rooting for Dickens to find a home soon, even if you can't manage him right now
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Other than the adoption fee, if you're able to flip the bill for the food and the vet bills, go for all! I hope that they will all get along well and that you will be blessed for your kindness for any of the fortunate cats that you adopt from a rescue organization.

I'd never be able to choose, especially in a rescue situation!! They're all cute (and this from a person allergic to cat hair).
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast