+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar

What do you think?

I was talking to my girlfriend Vickie, and her 12 year old wrote a list for her wanting to know when she could get these things (meaning what age) When Vick told me what age she would allow some of these stuff, I was shocked!

Heres the list and what ages Vick thought was appropriate.

1. Highlights - 12..(im okay with that...lol)

2. Thong underwear -13 (am I crazy or is that wayyyyyyy to young?)

3. Pierce Belly button 15- (I think its too young, 18 yeah but 15?)

4. Tattoo 16- (WTF?)

5. Makeup 13 ( thats how old I was when I was allowed.)

6. Dating one on one- 14 (Geez maybe im old fashion...)

What do you guys think especially all the forters with teens or preteens.
    How old were you when your parents allowed you to do the stuff you were dying to do?

I was 12 years old when I could start shaving my legs...I was SOOOOO excited.
    13 for contacts and makeup. Dating at 16, doubledating...lolol ( not that anyone was asking me out)
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Ok...I know some people around my age who wear thongs, but I don't really think it's right. And when I found out that some people in my grade had pierced navels, I was shocked. Call me a prude, but I don't really think that's right.

Tattoo at 16???? WTF?

But that's JMO...

Holy Cow! I think those ages are a little young too. One and Five seemed okay, but 3-5 would be 18 in my house. One on one dating would probably be 16. Now, my daughter is still a toddler, but I don't think I'll change my mind by the time she's a teenager.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

This thread is too funny to me - one of my girlfriends is having a battle royal with her 16-year-old over piercings and tattoos. (What's REALLY funny about this is that my girlfriend was a wild child in her day and her daughter is a good kid - good marks, job, athlete, nice boyfriend, etc. I told my friend she was a mean old thing and to get with the program )

I have two daughters myself, though fortunately they're very young and I have at least a few years to start worrying about this kind of stuff...maybe I'm too permissive, but I don't see a problem with your friend's list. I actually think she's pretty smart to set guidelines for her child instead of just issuing a blanket "NO" to everything. I'm of the opinion you have to pick your battles when it comes to kids. By the time the 12-year-old gets to those magic ages, she may have lost interest in tattoos and piercings anyway.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I agree with Star...the highlights and [light] make-up are reasonably-aged, but the rest of those are way too young, imo.

I was allowed to do everything I wanted. But I didn't want to use makeup, smoke cigarettes, date, get tattoos or wear anything "daring" so I guess that was easy enough on my parrents. I did color my hair a few times, my parrents helped My parrents always told me "you can color your hair if you want, but if we don't like it, we reserve the right to make fun of you". That was pretty efficient!

I have a tattoo and piercings now, I got them when I was in my 20's, and I'm happy with them and thing they look good. I would not let small children have piercings except for the ears, children grow and the piercings can get uncomfortable. For tattoos I think you should be old enough to be able to understand that you are not always going to like the things you like now, so only get it if you are sure you will want it forever. In my country, it is illigal for a tattoo artist to tattoo someone under the age of 18.

Averagejane... My mother and I use to argue about miniskirts, tight jeans and multiple piercings in my ears...lol picking your battles is a good idea......But if I have girls...NO THONGS AT 13!!!! LOLOLOL

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I dont know if anyone else did this but in Highschool we use to color our hair with koolaid...lolol

Ok, I don't have kids. But some of that seems too young, IMO.
    Highlights and makeup, ok. Piercings?! Thongs? Um, no.
    I'm 28, which means I was a teenager not *too* long ago. I remember wearing makeup (badly) in about 7th grade. I wasn't allowed to date one-on-one till I was 16. I wanted pierced ears at some point as a kid and wasn't allowed them, and by the time I was I didn't want them. Still don't. Tattoos and other piercings weren't as popular then, so they weren't an issue. Neither were thongs.
    I'm just glad I don't have teenagers.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Averagejane... My mother and I use to argue about miniskirts, tight jeans and multiple piercings in my ears...lol picking your battles is a good idea......But if I have girls...NO THONGS AT 13!!!! LOLOLOL
    I have no idea why anyone would _want_ to wear a thong

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast