+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC or not PC, that is the question!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Did you ask Sandi outright if she was involved with anyone? Sounds to me that is what old Stevie needs to get the hint to leave her alone?

Could you clue Sandi in on Steve's quirks girl to girl?

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Did you ask Sandi outright if she was involved with anyone? Sounds to me that is what old Stevie needs to get the hint to leave her alone?

Could you clue Sandi in on Steve's quirks girl to girl?

That's a brilliant idea, ineedalife! I didn't think of that. With her looks, she has to be hit on as a way of life, so my saying something to her, on the side, when he's not there, should help out.

She moves in this weekend, and Steve is working double shifts, so we'll have girl time, alone.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

lambikins, I was going to say...if she's as hot as you say, she can handle the Steves of this world.

It reminds me of the Friends episodes when Joey was roommates with the supermodel chick (can't remember which one - Elle Macpherson maybe?) and he was drooling over her all the time.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    lambikins, I was going to say...if she's as hot as you say, she can handle the Steves of this world.
    You're probably very right about that, but, I believe she should NOT have to "handle" him at home! Home is a Safe Harbor, where you can escape the problems of the world, and I don't think Sexual Harrassment qualifies as 'safe'.

Steve isn't a bad guy....he's literally an Average Joe. When you see the drooling and fawning that these guys exhibit, it's exactly the way that Steve reacts when he sees a girl he fancies. What men like him don't realize is that classy women do NOT see this as admirable: they see the guy as looking at them like a piece of filet mignon, ready for the chomping.

And it's usually the guys that are the fattest and least likely to get any one. As I said, Steve is close to 300 pounds and has foot odor so bad, that he has to immediately wash his feet when he comes home, or it stinks up the entire apartment. We've had THAT talk, too, and he's really kept up the hygene.

We'll see; the talk is tonight, so I'll let you all know what comes of it. He'll protest, that I'm sure of, but we advertised for a roommate, NOT a date!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins

And it's usually the guys that are the fattest and least likely to get any one. As I said, Steve is close to 300 pounds and has foot odor so bad, that he has to immediately wash his feet when he comes home, or it stinks up the entire apartment. We've had THAT talk, too, and he's really kept up the hygene.
    Reminds me of my brother-in-law, but he's thin - big guys do not have a corner on the gross feet thing!

I think I speak for many when I say - can we see a picture of Steve? I keep picturing John Belushi

Anyway, good luck, lambikins. It will probably turn out OK.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane

I think I speak for many when I say - can we see a picture of Steve? I keep picturing John Belushi
    Steve is mixed race: Caucasian/Hispanic, which often times ends up looking Asian, strange, but true.

The closest guy he looks like is Phuc, from Average Joe II, but with darker skin. He wears his hair the same way, also.

Well, I'm probably gonna get my ass kicked for this, but here goes.

It sounds to me that you expect Steve to change his personality just because you don't agree with it. So he's a dawg. Most men are. Fact of life. Why did Ali agree to be his roommate in the first place? Maybe she should find another place to live with people she can respect.

When you guys interviewed Sandi, did you let her know what she was in for? Or were you so happy to find someone compatible that you let her believe the living situation was bliss? If so, not very fair to her.

My attitude has always been live and let live. Never figured out the people who think they have a right to tell other people how to behave. I mean there's no harm in approaching Steve nicely and asking him to dial it down a bit. But it's his right to refuse. As long as he's not breaking any laws, and I'm pretty sure being a horny male isn't a federal offence.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Well, I'm probably gonna get my ass kicked for this, but here goes.
    No you won't. All opinions are valid.

It sounds to me that you expect Steve to change his personality just because you don't agree with it.

So he's a dawg. Most men are. I agree with you THERE!

Fact of life. Why did Ali agree to be his roommate in the first place? It's actually OUR apartment, the lease is in OUR name, so he agreed to be OUR roommate based on an intensive interview process.

Maybe she should find another place to live with people she can respect.
    She does respect other people, which I do also. But, as we respect others, we also want the people that live with us to respect others, too.

Sidebar: Steve was going to replace Mary, our friend who was leaving in a month for New Zealand. Mary was there, Ali, our other roommate, Christy, and myself. Both Mary and Christy worked for Hooters, in Chicago. They are Hotties and there was NO problem, at any time with us living together. The ad asked for "Progressive Male or Females." Steve didn't attempt to 'hit' on any of us. Plus, all of his friends are females; he has NO male friends.

You can't have female friends if you're constantly drooling over their boobs! Christy gave us notice in December that she was transferring to a Hooters in L.A., which is why we needed a new roommate.

When you guys interviewed Sandi, did you let her know what she was in for? We saw no need for it, since his behavior had been above board with the other girls.

Or were you so happy to find someone compatible that you let her believe the living situation was bliss? If so, not very fair to her.See above comment.

My attitude has always been live and let live. Never figured out the people who think they have a right to tell other people how to behave.This is a slippery slope. I know people that enjoy being confrontational and relish their Bitchiness. There are Codes of Ethics that as a Society we subscribe to, in order to coexist. If you don't think so, then why does "behavior" count so much with how we react to contestants on Reality Shows? People who believe that they are 'above' having to fit into society are usually ones that hang on the edges of it; they benefit from others treating THEM with respect, but don't feel that the rules apply to them. They, also, are the first people to scream Bloody Murder, when their rights have been violated. This is a narcissistic view of life: They only look out for themselves, believing that the World should mirror their take on it.

I mean there's no harm in approaching Steve nicely and asking him to dial it down a bit. Already done. See below.

But it's his right to refuse. As long as he's not breaking any laws, and I'm pretty sure being a horny male isn't a federal offense. Actually, "being a horny male", if it affects others directly, DOES break laws, called "Sexual Harassment."

Update: Ali and I went to her place, after work, and Steve was there, vegging in front of the TV. We casually said that we were looking forward to Sandi moving in, and he took the bait, saying, with a leering roll of his eyes, "Yeah, if she gets cold in her room, I can warm her up!" This was a good way for us to remind him that we were all going to have to live together, in harmony, and since he had treated our other female roommates with respect, we expected the same from him. I gave him some comparisons on what was appropriate to say and not, and then said, "You wouldn't want your daughter to have to put up with any bad behavior like this, from a roomie, would you?" (He has a 16 year old daughter; got mom preggie at 17.)

Thanks to all the FORT members for the comments and laughter from this situation.