+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: as it turns out, ebay is my sister-in-law’s junkyard, and home of all my x-mas gifts

as it turns out, ebay is my sister-in-law’s junkyard, and home of all my x-mas gifts

Okay, one of my sister-in-laws likes to give me horrifying gifts for Christmas, the one time per year that I receive a gift from her. One small example from Christmases of yore: An 8 x 11 painting of female clowns holding big white balls (or “globes” if you will. Why the balls? You tell me). They have clockwork orange type make-up, the paint texture is fuzzy so that you can “feel” the clowns, and it’s painted onto a mirror, so that you can gaze at yourself while you feel the clowns. (If I’ve done it once, I’ve done it a hundred times…...ha ha ha he....eh…ah...ahhhhhh.)

Why did she get it for me: “Because you love pink.” WTF? I’m almost positive there is no pink in this “art”, and that’s kind of like saying, “I got you this pack of razor blades because you like cheese." And I’ve never mentioned loving pink, and I’ve definitely never mentioned any kind of love of clowns (or mimes for that matter just in case there was some kind of crazy mime/clown confusion).

So what’s the point, you ask? Because today I got an e-mail from her telling her “friends” that she has a huge list of things for sale on ebay (she does this frequently) and to please “take a look and see if there’s anything you’d like to purchase. You all live close! So no shipping charges!” Score!

Guess what’s item #20? My 2003 Christmas gift from her (oops!). A dolphin shaped oil lamp in faux blue marble, holding a white ball in it’s mouth (what’s the obsession with white balls, I’d like to know?). Starting bid? $1.50. (And no, I don’t collect dolphins, in case you’re asking.)

I sent her an e-mail saying, “Oops! Item #20 has been SOLD, to the lowest bidder ” Okay, I didn’t really, as I’m not cruel, but that’s what I wanted to say. By and large, the rest of her “treasures” fit into the “crap” category on ebay. I think she may have already removed it, but now I know I don’t want this piece of crap gift, so I’m thinkin’ hey, if someone wants to buy it for $1.50 and up, it’s sold! And not only that, but I have a toenail clipper and a smurf shaped coin purse they can have too.

So the point is, I got this e-mail from her today, and I’m venting because this kind of thing happens frequently, and I’m wondering if anyone you know has accidentally let something slip to you via e-mail? Did you get copied on something you shouldn’t have? Or alternatively, have you ever sent an embarrassing e-mail to the wrong person?

I once got an e-mail completely meant for my boss at my last job, and I got to find out some really great dirt on a co-worker who I detested.

I also found out my sister-in-law was pregnant way before my brother found out, and it was entirely by accident.

OR did you get an amazingly crappy Christmas gift this year?
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

OMG Shazz, I am dying laughing over here!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Btw, how much for the smurf-shaped coin purse?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

My gosh, Shazz! That's just bizaare!

Great story!

Hmm, white balls.

Clowns scare me.

I remember once this guy from my old school let slip in a forwarded email that he and his then-girlfriend were up to no good (in the "cleanest" way possible).

Shazz You have a gift for storytelling, Shazzerbabe.

When I first started working at one former workplace, my boss did something really dumb. Apparently, he always emailed his payroll to the main office every week. Well, he accidently copied it to *all* of the management, salespeople, and office grunts.

I had just started there, but I almost quit over the fireworks that resulted. A woman that worked in the salesoffice with me had been there for 20 years and when she found out she made 5K a less per year than me, she went apesh*t. Never mind that we did totally different jobs :rolleyes That happened in every department, too. People were quitting, storming out, and crying in the bathroom all over the place. Not a pleasant first week

Eventually it all settled down but it was nasty while it lasted.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

That's pretty funny, Shazzer!

When I worked for "the man", I took over an office and computer from a guy who'd recently quit. He had just gotten married about 6 months prior ,but was chummy with the manager of our in-house fitness center (who was hot, I'll admit).

One day searching through files on my computer, I came across some archives e-mails. These e-mails were between the fitness center girl and him, talking about how they were screwing around behind his new wife's back.

I wasn't surprised, but it was definitely strange and surreal.

Shazz, I am laughing too hard to even try to think of a similar story.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

SG, that sounds awful! I bet your boss was beating himself up over that one.
    At one of my previous jobs, I was hired to do the same job as another woman who had worked there for 8 years. Well, it turns out that I was making 10 cents an hour more than she was, even though she had way more experience. I was the highest paid employee there (it was a very small business) but that was the pay I had asked for, and the boss really wanted me to work there, so she agreed.
    So this woman "accidentally" sees my paycheck, which was in my purse, on a shelf next to her purse. She was royally p.o.'d (as I would be). The boss lied to her and said that it must have been a mistake that I was getting paid that much. What she should have done was given this woman a raise, because things were always tense after that, and it wasn't long before she quit (after 8 years of employment). But there is a reason why I don't work there anymore either, it is hard to work for someone who you have known to be a liar since your first month on the job.

So this story had nothing to do with Christmas presents or email...just thought I'd share anyways.
    - Albert Einstein

Shazzer, no offense, but your sister-in-law sounds like a cheapskate!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast