+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: as it turns out, ebay is my sister-in-law’s junkyard, and home of all my x-mas gifts

Shazzer, the clown fuzzy mirror picture sounds like a passive aggressive jab at you. Beware - she might show up in the dead of night to murder you in your sleep. Or worse, she'll keep up her campaign of gradual but cumulative terror over many, many Christmases. First you'll get a poster with a sad, sad girl leaking a big tear down her cheek that you can put on your bedroom door. Next the sucker punch - perhaps a commemorative plate with those huge-eyed children.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Shazzer, I triple dog dare you go to on Ebay and bet one cent -- or a fraction of a cent, if possible -- on that stuff, especially your Christmas present.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Or post a link so we can see the scary dolphin!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    That is too funny Shaz
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fogey
    Haha, Shazz, that's funny. I am wondering, did you send her that present to get her back for sending you that weird clown thing? Yeah, she definitely sounds like a cheapskate AND someone who doesn't care for picking out something so repulsive. I've never really gotten anything repulsive so I can't really relate, but thanks for the story!

... loll cracked me up hahahahahaha

Maybe the white globes are her way of tracking you for the mother ship?

I've gotten a couple e-mails that have started as a conversation between 2 people that all of the sudden one of the people feels they have to forward part of it to me, without getting rid of the stuff that has been copied and copied before. I found out that one co worker thought I was bossy and shouldn't be telling her what to do regarding different people in her program (gee sorry I was supervising another program that was "renting" time and services from hers), found out 2 co workers were having an affair , found out my girl friend was thinking of getting a divorce....I think that's the major stuff. People have got to learn to cut and paste sometimes.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

That's a funny story! Sounds like my ex SIL... We used to draw names in my family at xmas time and we'd all dread having her pick out a gift for us... Always the tackiest, ugliest things... We were so happy when she was divorced out of our little xmas swap...

I have a friend that was taking care of her neighbor's house while they were on a long vacation... Every once in a while during their trip the neighbors would send out an E-mail to all their friends and family about what they've been doing or seeing...etc.

Well, these people had a huge tropical fish tank that my friend was put in charge of while they were gone... She did something wrong and all the fish died! She was replying to one of their E-mails and thought she would give them a "heads up" on the fish tank situation... You guessed it... She hit "Reply to ALL" ! This was a couple of years ago... Now when ever she does anything with these friends she meets people that were on the list!

"Hi, I'm Tony's neighbor, Lisa"

"Oh! You're the girl that killed the fish!"
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

So Shazzer, I am just wondering what the heck is YOUR stuff doing at her house?
    :

I am not afraid of dying....I just don't want to be there when it happens!

I work at a large corporation and whenever there is a new hire at the executive level, the CEO will send an email to the entire company to announce it.

"I'm pleased to announce that So and So has joined our company as V.P. of...."

Being a large company, you often have no idea who the person is or even what the division they are heading up does. About a year ago one of these emails came out and one guy decides to forward it to a co-worker with the comment "who gives a s**t". The only problem for him was that he hit 'respond' instead of 'forward'. He eneded up responding to the CEO with that comment. D'oh!
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast