+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadian residents.. stock up on Dog food!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    PET FOOD BAN DECISION DELAYED

There was confusion yesterday about whether a ban blocking American pet food at the Canadian border had been partially lifted.
    A ban on some American beef products, including pet food, was imposed last month after a cow in Washington state tested positive for mad cow disease.
    Early word yesterday was the ban had been lifted but a spokesman for the Canadian Food Inspection Agency said last night the decision was delayed. Up to 80% of all pet food in Canada is imported from the U.S.
    Dogs and cats can not become infected with mad cow disease but some humans eat pet food, chief veterinarian of Canada Brian Evans told The Sun last month. Pet food could contain tissue from a cow's central nervous system.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Winnip...pf-307246.html

"Dogs and cats can not become infected with mad cow disease but some humans eat pet food"

ETA: I know I love my crunchy snacks, but still think I will stick with the cheezies and chips!!! lol
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Humans eat dog food?

Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    Humans eat dog food?
    When I was growing up, we couldn't trust my sister to feed the dogs and cats 'cause she'd eat the canned food. I had a neighbor friend that used to eat the treats that should have gone to her dog.

It may also be an issue amongst the homeless, although I only worked with those who were in the shelter where I volunteered, where they were not fed pet food!
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    Humans eat dog food?
    I heard a story once years ago about a supermarket that refused to sell cat food to a certain old woman who would buy it in large quantities because they feared she was eating it. Does anyone else remember that? It must have been several years ago by now.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12