+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: wedding planning

FORT Fogey

wedding planning

I am a wedding planner by profession but now I am planning my own. Basically I am sick of myself.. I do have some good ideas but I know we have several events planners and wedding planners here so anyone interested in posting some great ideas let me know.

Here is the basic plan.
    Wedding in Maui at the Four Seasons if you want a link say so and I will give you the link.

Reception back here in AR on this property overlooking a small lake w/a sort of beach theme but not hokey, no luau or tropics stuff.. more classy beach small event 100 people. June 6th..

I do want some good ideas for favors, flowers,, what ever..

Only basic ideas I have right now is my daughter will be flower girl and she is carrying a white distressed tin pail w/a silver shovel to shovel out shells and petals.
    We have about 26 guests for the wedding.

Oh and hair girls good ideas for "up-do's that are not too fussy but work w/bangs..

If the theme contains shells, why don't you dress like Venus coming out of the shell?

I'll actually try to think of something good. Do you have a color theme?

FORT Fogey
    Well right now the girls will pick the dress that best flatters them from J Hjelm, in the chiffon fabric that is turquoise overlaying lime chiffon. He has several styles so I want them to pick the dress that they like best. The color sort of looks like water when the two move togethher... other wise the colors are white, off white, and a sort of light tan.. or sand colors.. lol

Not a wedding planner, but just wanted to say congratulations, firegirl!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Would you be interested in incorporating the infinity symbol?

FORT Fogey
    hmmmm not a bad idea.. how so?

http://www.chapelonthecreeks.com/vtour/garden.htm

this is a link to the property where we will hold the reception.
    Last edited by firegirl; 01-05-2004 at 05:38 PM.

Um, maybe visually incorporate it overhead somehow and through out the area. If you say your own vows, you can tell how your love, commitment, etc will never end. I just found this on the web http://www.tween-the-shadows.com/mag...ity_symbol.php The Infinity Symbol or Lemniscate looks like the number 8 lying on its side. The lemniscate represents the cycles of infinity and creation, as one universe grows into and becomes another. It is past, present and future, all in one, and represents being in the eternal Now.

I just checked out the tour, the place you picked is beautiful!

FORT Fogey
    Thats cool, we are looking for a good way to incorporate my daughter w/a "family" vow also. He is thinking of giving her a necklace or ring w/three hearts his mine hers or something like that. Possibly a three strand necklace w/one heart. Then doing a sort of family vow portions. The infinity thing might be good.

All is good where there is true love.

(If that sounds corny, it is and so am I).

Are you having the wedding inside the Four Seasons or on the beach in front of it?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast