+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: wedding planning

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Where did you see the ring thing? Is it small enough for a child?

I bought 3 of those rings - one for me and each of my daughters - at Tiffany's.

It's quite beautiful and very special. Congrats!

One wedding we went to they had made necklaces for the 3 daughters that had their birthstone, their mother's birthstone and their step dad's birthstone. They went to a custom jewler in town and he made them up in little heart shape charms, they were really sweet looking.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Just a question about your daughter "shoveling" shells and flowers. Is this for you to walk on? If you're going barefoot on the beach shells might not be so good to walk on. Even with shoes on a hard surface they would break wouldn't they? Maybe I'm totally misunderstanding, sorry if I am!

A family medalion might be good (similar to what nlmpc suggested). It could even be something like a celtic knot (or infinity symbol?) that everyone in the family gets. Granted, hubby probably won't wear his, but he could just have it somewhere special. We did ID bracelets for each of the kids. They were nice, but both boys promptly lost them at the reception. Actually, I think my stepson threw his away.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by karna68
    Just a question about your daughter "shoveling" shells and flowers. Is this for you to walk on? If you're going barefoot on the beach shells might not be so good to walk on. Even with shoes on a hard surface they would break wouldn't they? Maybe I'm totally misunderstanding, sorry if I am!
    The aisle runner will be on the grass and there will only be a few little shells mixed in w/the petals.. she will drop them on each side of the runner.
    I am having an artist hand paint the runner in a watered down turquoise paint that will read " Two shall be as one" at the start of the runner with some sort of design that fades down the runner.. scroll work, or harlequin squares, something like that.. or she will paint the design down the sides of the runner.

http://www.jimhjelmoccasions.com/dre...p?imageno=5920

This is the site for the bridesmaids dresses.

I should actually probably stop this thread. Didn't mean to be "Trista" w/the wedding plans..

I know you do this for a living, but I swear by "Weddings for Dummies". My copy has about worn out from lending it to people. I bought a fresh one for my sister the minute I heard that she was engaged.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

FG I'm enjoying this thread, I don't think you're getting all 'trista' on us, I think you are just looking to pick someone else's brain for once.

p.s. doesn't Maui have beaches of black volcanic sand?? That would look cool in those little bottles and it would really personalize it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey
    IF not I know the big island does. I am thinking of doing small "beach pails" for each guest and including the little bottles, along w/some Kona coffee, a lei, and other "hawaiian" treats. I don't think I will put our names and date on the bottle who wants that, but maybe on the pail.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    IF not I know the big island does. I am thinking of doing small "beach pails" for each guest and including the little bottles, along w/some Kona coffee, a lei, and other "hawaiian" treats. I don't think I will put our names and date on the bottle who wants that, but maybe on the pail.
    that sounds great! you can get matches and mints and that kind of stuff from the hotel too as a memento.
    You know what else I saw on my search? I don't know if it will fit but these cute picture frames- they were beach chairs. I know it only slightly fits, I;ll see if I can find them again.

Here they are

Here's the whole site. www.islandweddingshop.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast