+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Customers with attitude!!

Customers with attitude!!

I know what you all are thinking right now....................

First Jillibean complains she doesn`t have a good job, then she`s griping about the customers.....Just wait, it`s not all bad. In fact we all had a good laugh about it at the end of the night.......

I was cutting this guys hair.(Did I say he was good looking??) Well, he was.

An....nyway. This bleach blond bimbo kept coming up to him with stupid comments the man just brushed off really quick, as if he was annoyed. I almost asked who the (annoying) woman was???.....glad i didn`t.

Because when i got to the point of drying his hair, she abruptly came up to me. Flicked my comb away and said that his hair was dry enough, and ordered me to stop. :rolleyes

Well I did and thanked him like i always do. She was glaring at me as i took the money, I smiled then waved as they left.

The girls jokingly called me a jezebel all the rest of the evening.....

Anyone else have experiences with rude salepeople or customers, as i deal with at times? I still can`t believe I held my tongue. It`s really not like me.

alrighty then,...............I have another one. Alls in a day`s work!!

This big guy came in with his son with a terrible attitude the minute he sat down. My friend was cutting the little boys hair...

He griped and said what a horrible job she did blending a 0 to a 1. It was done flawlessly and i told him so.

Then when i completed his easy clipper cut. He started in on me, and how long i`ve been doing hair??? :monkeybut I said,...."OH not very long,..only about 25 years" (said with a smile)

When he went on explaining the invisible problems he saw. I got tired of it and whipped the cape off and calmly said: "I`m sorry, but I`ve done a great job on your hair, but i don`t think i`m going to be able to please you, and i`d meet him at the desk.

The girl beside me, did the same, and together we walked to the front, by the desk and waited for him to arrive, with the other girls staring with their mouts open!!

He then paid and left..............He`s lucky i didn`t charge him extra for the trouble he caused me.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    ... she abruptly came up to me. Flicked my comb away and said that his hair was dry enough, and ordered me to stop. :rolleyes
    If that woman had even *touched* me, I would have went off all over her rude ass.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    If that woman had even *touched* me, I would have went off all over her rude ass.

I know it Jewelsy. I`m usually tempramental if someone "gets in my face" or violates my space. So i was surprised i behaved as i did...Normally i would have gone off!! and loudly at that!!

Does it help that even shocked; I waved and smiled at the submissive weak man, and ignored the bimbo.(I`m not just being mean, she really looked like a BIMBO!!) But I acted as if nothing adverse happened.

My quietness may come with this being a brand new job and i`m still acting all Professional like. Give me a few more hours,..................I already warned the Manager that if that happened again, she`d probably hear about it the next day.

One time, many years ago when I was waitressing, I had a customer who had ordered a hamburger with no pickles. We were really busy and I didn't check to see if there were no pickles on her burger. I set it down in front of her and she pulled the bun off and grabbed the pickles, that the cook had accidentally left on...he was busy too, and threw them at me, screaming at the top of her lungs, "I SAID NO pickles!!" Taught me a lesson though. I always try to be nice and polite to the waitress, even if she or he's an obvious idiot.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I worked in a hotel once and I will never be rude to anyone in the service industry after that experience. It was constantly amazing to me how many people enjoy taking advantage of the smiling person behind the counter to vent out all of their unrelated frustrations. For example, once I had a guy yell--literally SCREAMING at the top of his lungs--at me for a half hour because a Fed Ex package he had sent from the hotel was not delivered on time (because he hadn't checked the box that it could be left at the door, so when no one was home, the Fed Ex guy took it with him--not. my. fault.). But I just apologized and smiled until the manger finally got her butt up there and took him away to give him comps or something (which is probably what he was after in the first place). He also said I looked just like his ex-wife and that I was surely a b!@#$ like her (hmmm, I wonder why this guy is divorced?). I'm really good at not responding angrily, at keeping the response contained...but this seriously messed me up for the rest of the week. I just hate getting yelled at, no matter how stupid the reason, or how innocent I may be.

I don't care what a salesgirl or a waitress has done to me, I just keep my mouth shut.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I think I've posted this in another thread, but when I was waiting tables I was slammed one lunchtime and forgot to bring a man more iced tea, and he called for the manager, and then I had to go out front and get yelled at by this customer.
    Another waitress told me a customer had thrown a biscuit at her to get her attention. :rolleyes.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

When I planned weddings and conventions at a hotel, I was constantly on the phone working out details. I was used to calling across timezones and usually checked to see where I was calling before I made the call. However, one morning it just slipped my mind and I called a Californian early in the morning (for him). I apologized as soon as I realized my error, but this guy screamed at me for a good five minutes over the phone. I mean, he just went on and on, cussing me out with every word he knew I realize I made a mistake, but I think he was a bit over the top, imo

I was tramatized and always labeled clients as "West Coast" in big black marker at the top of their charts from then on. I would save them for just before I left for the day. I still remember how awful I felt when that guy was screaming at me.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    When I planned weddings and conventions at a hotel, I was constantly on the phone working out details. I was used to calling across timezones and usually checked to see where I was calling before I made the call. However, one morning it just slipped my mind and I called a Californian early in the morning (for him). I apologized as soon as I realized my error, but this guy screamed at me for a good five minutes over the phone. I mean, he just went on and on, cussing me out with every word he knew I realize I made a mistake, but I think he was a bit over the top, imo

I was tramatized and always labeled clients as "West Coast" in big black marker at the top of their charts from then on. I would save them for just before I left for the day. I still remember how awful I felt when that guy was screaming at me.

I know how you feel. Every time i see a short lady with bleached out platinum blond hair with a big chest and her shirt all the way down to ....there. I`m gonna run and hide in the back room..... :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    I worked in a hotel once and I will never be rude to anyone in the service industry after that experience. It was constantly amazing to me how many people enjoy taking advantage of the smiling person behind the counter to vent out all of their unrelated frustrations
    Hotel guests can be totally horrible. I work at a hotel, and just TODAY I had to deal with two jerks. One of them was dialing onto the internet using an out of state access number. She had been told several times that she should use a local number because then the call would be 50 cents. She didn't listen. She used the long distance number and after a few times surfing the web she had a $50 phone bill. She was using an internet service we at the hotel had never heard of before, (she was from another country) and she complained that WE didn't know local access numbers for her internet company and that WE should know them not her. She couldn't even tell us the name of the internet service she used. She just didn't know anything. I don't know about any of you, but I know how to find local access numbers for the internet service I use and my 3 year old nephew knows the name of our ISP. She should have known as well. She started calling the girl who checked her in the previous night rude and obnoxious (I know this girl very well, and she is neither) and then called us freaks. That was when I asked her to leave. We don't take name-calling around here, especially when it is completely unfounded.

THEN, a little later this morning, a man comes to the desk to tell me that we shouldn't serve that type of butter with the breakfast because "it doesn't digest and will make you fat." If he had stopped there, that would have been fine. I'd have taken it as a perfectly good suggestion that maybe we should serve more health conscious foods. But he had to go on to say that we buy it probably because it's cheaper and that we are probably all Jews. When he said that I just completely threw his complaint out the window. He repeated it a few more times in the conversation. Racist bastard.

Those aren't even my worst examples of horrible hotel guests. The rest are too traumatizing to remember. Hotel front desk clerks are blamed by guests for everything. The housekeeping, the maintenance, the parking lot, the restaurant, the weather, the traffic, directions they got on the internet, etc. And a lot of the people are so needy! I don't know how they make it through life without me. Seriously. Can you do this for me? Can you do that? How do I do this? How do I do that? I'd say I get just as many questions about non-hotel/travel related things as I do about things that pertain to the hotel. People think that because I'm trapped behind this desk all day that they can ask me anything. How am I supposed to know how to get a copy of your birth certificate? If you don't know at your advanced age, then how the heck is a young girl like myself supposed to know? And how is that related to your hotel stay? I don't see that information anywhere in my front desk guide.

Sorry for venting!! Tough morning.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast